As handling insurance claims grows more complex, having the right claims advisers becomes increasingly important. Having been involved in some of the largest and most complex claims in history, Marsh can help you resolve even the most difficult claims quickly and professionally.
Marsh’s Australian Claims Practice offers a range of services that go beyond claims handling, helping you reduce costs and improve efficiency. With a wide range of claims services, Marsh is well positioned to provide the resources you need to meet virtually any claims challenge.
The proactive processing and handling of claims is delivered by our specialised teams around the country. We focus on:
- The speedy and accurate payment of claims settlements to you.
- Ensuring you are kept up-to-date on how your claim is progressing.
- Early identification of any issues that may interfere with the settlement of your claim and proper escalation to senior Marsh colleagues to anticipate possible obstacles to settlement.
Our claims consultants deliver pre- and post-loss claims services that enable clients to understand and minimise claims, costs, impact, and frequency. This includes:
- The agreement and oversight of claims procedures and processes with insurers, especially where you are reporting claims directly.
- Analysis of claims data to identify opportunities for you to reduce your total cost of claims and ultimately your insurance premiums.
- Leading loss-scenario testing to help you understand how your policy would respond in the event of specific claims circumstances.
- Helping you manage the performance of your third-party providers such as loss adjusters or administrators. This includes leading and managing tender exercises.
Our claims advocates manage large, complex, or contentious claims, helping ensure favorable outcomes by leveraging our expertise and market relationships. When delivering advocacy services, we will:
- Deploy the senior, expert advocacy resource that is best qualified to deliver the optimal outcome.
- Provide strategic and technical advice throughout negotiations with insurers.
- Where appropriate, seek to engage additional specialist resources from Marsh’s Global Claims Practice, including forensic accountants from our Forensic Accounting and Claims Services unit. In addition, our local and global networks can recommend specific specialists to assist with any technical disputes.
- Offer you our observations on any lessons learned that might help ensure similar losses are avoided in the future.