Do you have a ransomware response plan in place?
Ransomware response plans have never been more important with ransomware attacks intensifying in both in frequency and severity. Threat actors view ransomware as a lucrative business, and are shifting their attack focus to capitalise on the potential for large ransom payments
Within the current cyber threat landscape, we are seeing more targeted attacks on individual businesses, particularly within critical infrastructure industries as opposed to the scattergun approach that used to be popular with these threat actors. So what is the driver behind this change? The fact is that individual businesses are more likely to succumb to the demand of ransomware payments, highlighting that as ransomware becomes more sophisticated the more the attackers are driven by high returns.
In this masterclass, you will hear from:
- Nicole Pallavicini – Managing Principal, Cyber, Marsh
- John Moran – Partner, Clyde & Co
- Reece Corbett-Wilkins – Special Counsel, Clyde & Co
- Bill Siegel – CEO & Co-founder, Coveware
Speakers will delve into:
- Common threat actors: how they access and steal data and the business interruption impact on business;
- Insights on the payment of ransoms to state sponsored attackers and OFAC sanctions entities; and
- Discussions on the thought process around the insurance policy, including to pay or not to pay, who makes the decision and what your policy covers you for
Watch the replay below.
The information contained in this webinar is based on sources we believe reliable, but we do not guarantee its accuracy. This information provides only a general overview of subjects covered, is not intended to be taken as advice regarding any individual situation or as legal, tax, or accounting advice and should not be relied upon as such. Recipients of this webinar should consult their own insurance, legal, and other advisors regarding specific coverage and other issues.
Copyright 2020 Marsh Pty Ltd
All rights reserved.