Aviation Safety and Risk Control
Marsh Canada has the capability, unique among Canadian brokers, to offer aviation-specific safety and risk control consulting services. Our Aviation Loss Control Specialists offer unrivalled levels of aviation operational and safety experience.
Safety assessments are designed to provide practical advice useful in day-to-day operations. An assessment may also be tailored to prepare an operator for a pending Transport Canada Audit or respond to in the case of a series of losses or a serious incident. All assessments are confidential and each report is the property of the client.
Marsh Canada’s Aviation safety and consulting services include:
Aviation Safety Assessments for Airlines, Commercial Fixed Wing, Commercial Rotary Wing, and Corporate Operators:
- Flight Operation: Department organization; pilot hiring, training, and experience levels; use of flight simulators (where applicable); Standard Operating Procedures (SOP); dispatch and flight following; transportation of dangerous goods (where applicable); and flight and duty time management.
- Maintenance Organization: Includes department organization; aircraft maintenance engineer hiring, training, and experience level; technical recordkeeping and maintenance control; defect rectification and deferred defect control; quality assurance program; parts and material control; and hangar and maintenance facilities.
- Safety Management System: Program design, emergency response plan, and incident reporting system.
- Task performance observations: Monitoring line operations from the flight deck, on the hangar and shop floor, and in the classroom.
- Cabin Safety, In-Flight Services (where applicable): Includes department organization, cabin attendant safety training, joint cabin crew, and pilot emergency procedures training and passenger safety procedures (aircraft and ground).
Handling Assessments for Ground Handling Companies and Airlines:
- Aircraft ground handling (parking apron and hangar).
- Aircraft fuelling procedures.
- De-icing services.
- Baggage handling.
Aviation Safety and Aircraft Accident nvestigation Training
- All training meets Canadian Transportation Safety Board and ICAO Annex 13 (Accident Investigation and Accident Prevention Manual) requirements.
Assistance in the Implementation of a Flight Operational Quality Assurance (FOQA) Program on Behalf of an Airline:
- FOQA analysis of flight data information identifies safety issues such as excessive rotation rates on take-off, unstabilized approaches, hard landings, and flight crew compliance with standard operating procedures.