Marsh Announces Future Leadership Appointments For Regional, Specialty and Placement Teams
New York, NY | December 18, 2018
New York, December 18, 2018 – Marsh, a global leader in insurance broking and innovative risk management solutions, today announced the appointments of key leaders for its regional, specialty, and placement teams worldwide. These appointments will be effective upon closing of the transaction between Marsh’s parent company, Marsh & McLennan Companies, and JLT subject to the receipt of certain antitrust and regulatory approvals.
“The combination of Marsh’s and JLT’s capabilities and colleagues is an exciting opportunity to deliver greater value to clients,” said John Doyle, President and CEO of Marsh. “These roles are being filled by experienced and talented leaders who will have a positive impact on our business.”
All international regional leaders will report to Flavio Piccolomini, President of Marsh International.
- Chris Lay will continue as CEO of the UK & Ireland. Adrian Girling, currently Chairman UK, Europe and South Africa for JLT, will become Chairman of UK & Ireland Corporate and Risk Management for Marsh and report to Mr. Lay.
- Nick Harris, CEO of Australia and New Zealand for JLT, will become CEO of Pacific for Marsh. Scott Leney, currently Marsh Pacific CEO, will become CEO for Australia and report to Mr. Harris. Andre Louw, currently Chairman of Australia and New Zealand for JLT, will become Chairman of Pacific for Marsh.
- Christos Adamantiadis will continue as CEO of Middle East & Africa (MEA). Peregrine Towneley, currently CEO of MEA for JLT, will become Chairman of Middle East and North Africa. Robert Makhoul, currently Marsh & McLennan Companies Country Corporate Officer and Chairman of Middle East for Marsh, will continue as MMC Country Corporate Officer for the Middle East.
- David Jacob will continue as CEO of Asia. Alan Cheah will continue as Chairman of Asia. James Addington-Smith, currently Asia Specialty Leader for Marsh, will become CEO of ASEAN, a sub-region of Asia, reporting to Mr. Jacob.
- Siegmund Fahrig will continue as CEO of Continental Europe.
- Ricardo Brockmann will continue as CEO of Latin America.
Marsh US and Canada
As previously announced, Martin South, President of Marsh US and Canada, will continue to lead the region. Sarah Robson will continue as CEO of Canada, reporting to Mr. South.
As previously announced, Dominic Burke, CEO of JLT Group, in addition to becoming Vice Chairman of Marsh & McLennan Companies and a member of the MMC Executive Committee, will become Chairman of Marsh-JLT Specialty. Lucy Clarke will become President of Marsh-JLT Specialty reporting to Mr. Doyle. Global specialty leaders will report to Ms. Clarke. Regional specialty leaders will report both to Ms. Clarke and their respective regional leader.
Global Specialty Leaders
- Simon Harker, currently Global Aviation and Space Leader for Marsh, will become Global Head of Aviation.
- Richard Gurney, currently Global Head of Construction for JLT, will become Global Head of Construction.
- Nick Robson, currently Global Head of Credit, Political and Security Risk for JLT, will become Global Head of Credit Specialty. Evan Freely, currently Global Credit Specialty Leader for Marsh, will become Deputy Global Head of Credit Specialty, reporting to Mr. Robson.
- Andrew George, currently Global Industry Specialty Leader for Marsh, will become Global Head of Energy & Power. Jim Pierce, currently Global Head of Energy, Power & Mining for JLT, will become Chairman of Global Energy & Power.
- Mark Wood, currently Global Head of Financial Lines for JLT, will become Head of Financial and Professional Lines (FINPRO) International.
- Devin Beresheim, currently US FINPRO Practice Head for Marsh, will become Head of FINPRO US and Canada.
- Marcus Baker, currently Global Marine Leader for Marsh, will become Global Head of Marine.
- Karen Beldy Torborg, currently Marsh’s Global Private Equity and Mergers and Acquisitions (PEMA) and Infrastructure Leader, will become Global Head of PEMA and Infrastructure.
Regional Specialty Leaders
- Pat Donnelly, currently CEO of the US for JLT Specialty, will become Head of Marsh-JLT Specialty for US and Canada.
- Paul Moody, currently Marsh UK & Ireland Specialty Leader, will become Head of Marsh-JLT Specialty for the UK & Ireland. Roy White, currently Chairman of UK Specialty for Marsh, will become Chairman of Marsh-JLT Specialty for the UK & Ireland.
- Paul Knowles, currently CEO of UK, Europe and South Africa for JLT, will become Head of Marsh-JLT Specialty in Continental Europe.
- Josh Roach, currently Marsh Specialty Leader for Pacific, will become Head of Marsh-JLT Specialty for Pacific.
- Dominic Samengo-Turner, currently CEO of Asia for JLT, will become Head of Marsh-JLT Specialty in Asia.
- Peter Foley, currently Marsh Retail Placement & Specialty Leader in Latin America, will become Head of Marsh-JLT Specialty for Latin America.
- Gaurav Bhatnagar, currently Marsh Retail Placement & Specialty Leader in Middle East & Africa, will become Head of Marsh-JLT Specialty in MEA.
Marsh Global Placement
As previously announced, Dean Klisura will become President, Marsh Global Placement responsible for placement protocols and standards across all lines within Marsh, and he will lead non-specialty placement operations including Bowring Marsh and existing multi-line placement hubs. Regional placement leaders will continue in their current positions reporting to Mr. Klisura and to their respective regional leader, including: John Donnelly, Global Placement Leader for Asia and Pacific; Nick Holmes, Global Placement Leader for Continental Europe and Middle East & Africa; Carlos Rivera, Global Placement Leader for Latin America; Andrew Chester, Global Placement Leader for the UK & Ireland; and Chris Lang Global Placement Leader for US and Canada. Tom Davies, Global Wholesale Placement Leader for Marsh, will continue in that role leading Bowring Marsh and reporting to Mr. Klisura.
Marsh is the world’s leading insurance broker and risk adviser. With over 35,000 colleagues operating in more than 130 countries, Marsh serves commercial and individual clients with data driven risk solutions and advisory services. Marsh is a business of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), the leading global professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. With annual revenue approaching US$17 billion and 76,000 colleagues worldwide, MMC helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment through four market-leading businesses: Marsh, Guy Carpenter, Mercer, and Oliver Wyman. Follow Marsh on Twitter @MarshGlobal; LinkedIn; Facebook; and YouTube, or subscribe to BRINK.