Imperial Oil Fuel Resellers
Take Control of Your Cost of Risk
As an Imperial Oil Branded Reseller, you are eligible to participate in a specifically-designed group risk and insurance management program. We are pleased to provide such a program with tailored, comprehensive coverage at competitive prices. Marsh recognizes the need for fuel resellers to take control of their cost of risk and make informed choices about how their premium dollars are spent. When considering your risk, take advantage of your association with Imperial Oil and what the benefits group purchasing of insurance can bring to your business.
Marsh’s Fuel Reseller Advantage
Working in conjunction with Imperial Oil, we have designed an industry-driven risk management program to help align the collective goals of your industry to create momentum for solutions that are otherwise individually challenging.
- ‘Raise the bar’ for managing risks
- Control the ‘agenda’
- Use to full advantage risk management programs with key stakeholders including lenders, insurers, customers, and regulators
- Differentiation within the marketplace
- Cost efficiency
- Enhanced stakeholder relations
- More effective control of brand and reputation
- Improved financial/insurance terms
Marsh recognizes the need of fuel resellers to take control of their cost of risk and make informed choices about how their premium dollars are spent.
Marsh Risk Consulting
Resellers can also benefit from the broad industry expertise offered by Marsh Risk Consulting (MRC) — a group of multi-disciplined professionals providing specialized risk advisory services within Marsh Canada Limited. Our mandate is to work collaboratively with our clients to make them more successful through effective risk identification, analysis, and mitigation advice and solutions.
MRC can help resellers with industry-driven risk management initiatives through:
- Risk identification, assessment, and analysis.
- Development of risk management and control best practices.
- Performance measurement/validation.
- Risk awareness, training, and education.
- Specialist solutions including fleet safety and workers’ compensation.
- Strong market relationships with your insurers.
Value-Added Products and Services Available
Accounts Receivable (or Trade Credit) are one of a fuel reseller’s largest and most vulnerable assets. It is the second most liquid asset after cash, and represents a significant investment of working capital. Trade credit insurance protects against nonpayment of receivables by your customers due to insolvency, creditors’ protection arrangement, or protracted default.
Marsh’s Driver Improvement System (MDIS) provides training and development programs that are designed to improve the overall quality of your drivers, without disrupting operations. It includes access to a complete library of online training courses, powerful testing and assessment tools, and full-featured management reporting and analysis.
RiskGapSM is a fleet review process that provides information about existing safety management controls and identifies your organization’s primary loss prevention needs. Recommendations will be made to enhance some programs and to create others which, in combination, can result in improvements in overall safety performance.
Claims Management and Stabilizing Insurance Costs
Although most business owners want lower premiums, few focus on claims management as a way of achieving that goal. Marsh Canada can show how the reduction in frequency and severity of claims can help result in premium savings.
In the event of a claim, remediation solutions can also assist in reducing overall cost of risk and ultimately stabilize insurance costs.
Marsh’s Claims Advocacy Group recommends:
- Development of loss remediation strategies.
- Application of best practices standards.
- Formulation of procedures.
- Provision of counsel on coverage and measurement disputes.
- Assistance in negotiation, settlement, and completion of proof of loss.
- Monitoring of insurer’s claims handling and responses.