Ontario Community Support Services Insurance Program
Marsh Canada is pleased to present a comprehensive insurance program designed exclusively for community-based, not-for-profit organizations. Participating organizations can benefit directly from Marsh’s extensive risk management experience and the availability of a program to cover the insurance needs of not-for-profit organizations. It is our understanding of your organization’s specific risk needs that sets the Ontario Community Support Services (OCSS) Insurance Program apart.
With over 100 organizations currently participating in the plan, considerable buying power is generated by the group insurance program. This group arrangement, in tandem with strong insurance company relationships, has resulted in a stable program that helps ensure the long-term availability of a competitively priced, broad-form source of insurance protection.
The program professional liability (malpractice) insurer, Aviva Canada Inc., has been providing coverage to hospitals, healthcare organizations, long-term care, retirement facilities, and not-for-profit organizations for more than 35 years. They remain committed to working with our clients to control costs.
OCSS group program participants also benefit from the ability to spread losses, so they are considered as part of the group loss experience. Enroling in an insurance program that calculates rates according to group loss experience means that all of the losses collectively experienced as a group would be used to help determine future premiums for all of the program participants on a go-forward basis. This helps ensure that no individual loss needlessly drives up the cost of a single agency’s policy. Note that each participating organization has their own policy limits, these limits are not shared.
As with all insurance, coverage under a policy is always subject to the specific terms, conditions, limitations, and exclusions of the policy.
- Robust comprehensive program, combining several lines of coverages into one single program.
- Liability coverage for directors and officers is written on an occurrence form with the cost included in the General and Professional Liability premium.
- Coverage for wrongful dismissal (defence costs only) is included.
- Abuse coverage is included to the full policy limit of $5,000,000 (occurrence form) subject to insurer conditions.
- The broad definition of insured includes directors or executive officers, all employees, volunteers, students, and assistants working under the direction of your agency, medical professionals such as nurses, social workers, and personal support workers (PSWs).