Marsh Canada’s Coverage and Protection (CAP) Dealer Insurance Solutions is designed to provide automobile dealers across Canada with comprehensive insurance coverage for all risks associated with their business.
From Property to General Liability coverage, Special Contingency Insurance, and Directors and Officers Liability and Garage Automobile coverage, the program provides Comprehensive insurance in a seamless and easy-to-buy package.
This program is available throughout Canada via our country-wide network of client-focused CAP Dealer Insurance Solutions representatives experienced and knowledgeable about the automotive dealership business.
Risk Control – A Marsh Value-Added Service of CAP Dealer Insurance Solutions
Risk control advice is automatically available, as a benefit, to all dealerships participating in CAP Dealer Insurance Solutions. This advice is provided through risk control surveys that are conducted at each dealership location insured and loss control bulletins published periodically. Risk control advice is critical to each dealership’s operation as it assists in developing insurance solutions that will mitigate risks and help protect your dealership.
Dealership premises are visited and potential areas of loss exposure are identified and discussed. The benefits of this risk control advice to automobile dealers are:
- Dealership evaluations are free of charge and include inspection of overall operation and physical properties.
- It serves to identify both physical and operational opportunities for improvement, in the dealership, and provides you with solutions to help minimize risks and prevent losses.
- It provides the basis on which to reward dealerships that adopt better risk management practices.
- It serves to increase dealership employee awareness regarding business operations and their role in mitigating loss while carrying out their daily activities.
Who Will Benefit?
Coverage and Protection (CAP) Dealer Insurance Solutions is designed to meet the needs of franchised new car dealerships, franchised heavy truck dealerships, franchised recreational vehicle (RV) dealerships, franchised motorcycle/power sports dealerships, and select used car dealerships.
All target dealerships and locations must be Canadian-owned and operated within Canada.
Why Buy This Product?
CAP Dealer Insurance Solutions has been developed specifically for Canadian automobile dealers and has been tailor-made to accommodate your needs.
Coverage is specifically designed to be broad and to reduce the risk of "gaps" in insurance protection. Higher limits of coverage are also available. As a program participant, you can access other specialty coverages, including Accidental Death and Disability Insurance.
We offer a 24/7 claims reporting service throughout Canada with access to bilingual claims adjusters, along with a choice of payment options, including premium financing and credit card.
Beyond the insurance policy, we offer advice and expertise that will assist your operation in mitigating risks. You also have access to Marsh's worldwide resources and risk advisory expertise and experience to assist you with your insurance needs.
The coverage provided under CAP Dealer Insurance Solutions has been created to meet the specific needs of Canadian automobile dealers.
The program includes an All Risks Package Policy incorporating Property, Casualty, Directors and Officers Liability, Garage Auto, and Prize Indemnity with access to Accidental Death and Disability (AD&D) coverage.
Below are some of the CAP coverage differentiators:
- Blanket Limit of Liability including all property, business interruption, and auto inventory.
- Crime extended to include coverage for identity fraud expenses for dealer principals and designated executives.
- Hole-in-one insurance at no additional cost.
- Directors and Officers liability coverage including employment practices liability (EPL).