Museums and Galleries
Marsh Canada Limited is proud to be the broker of the Canadian Museums Association (CMA) Insurance Program — a program specifically designed to reflect the needs of the museum sector. The program provides tailored insurance designed for museums and art galleries, as well as related organizations such as foundations, councils, and societies.
Over 200 CMA members already benefit from the power of group purchasing and preferred rates. Group purchasing provides an excellent spread of risk. The impact of any given loss to a group program would be relatively small — the same loss to an individual institution could be catastrophic. Let the overall results of your group program help protect your museum or art gallery client from the unexpected cost variations of an individual insurance purchase.
Who Will Benefit?
The program is national in scope, and caters to museums and art galleries, as well as related institutions specializing in a variety of disciplines, including:
- General Interests
- Living History
- National History
- Special Interests
Why Buy This Product?
The CMA Insurance Program offers its museum and art gallery clients the following benefits:
- Power of group purchasing.
- Competitively priced insurance products.
- Enhanced coverages tailored to the museum sector.
- Capacity to accommodate all sizes of museums and related institutions.
- Reputable and financially stable insurers recognized as leaders in the field of fine arts/specialty insurance.
- Experienced, qualified claims adjusters.
The coverage provided under CMA Insurance Program has been designed to meet the specific needs of Canadian museums and art galleries. Program coverages include:
- Boiler and Machinery
- Business Interruption
- Commercial General Liability:
- Host Liquor Liability
- Media Expense
- Copyright Infringement
- Miscellaneous Abuse
- Umbrella Liability
- Directors and Officers Liability
- Art Collections including:
- Permanent and loaned objects
- Incoming and outgoing exhibits, including while in transit
- Art rentals
- Objects while in storage