Global Insurance Regulatory and Premium Tax Update – March 2015
The Global Insurance Regulatory and Premium Tax Update provides a summary of the latest insurance regulation and premium-related developments affecting insurance contracts procured by a multinational group.
The update covers:The update covers:
- China – Changes in environmental protection law.
- Ghana – Oil and gas insurance.
- India – New regulations for insuring properties in India and strict guidance on pricing of risk.
- Malta – Increase of stamp duty on insurance premiums.
- Nigeria – Aviation (re)insurance requirements.
- Romania – Policyholders’ protection fund levy.
- Slovenia – Increase in insurance premium tax.
- Taiwan – Cash before cover for auto insurance.
- United Kingdom – Insurance premium tax exemption for spacecraft and global reinsurance hub.
- United States – Anti-inversion notice by the United States treasury.