We're sorry but your browser is not supported by Marsh.com

For the best experience, please upgrade to a supported browser:



NZ Police: Household and Personal

Employees under transfer at NZ Police expense are entitled to insurance cover on their furniture and household effects as provided by the Removal Contractor. They must familiarise themselves with the Police Household Removals Guide – August 2010 ("the Guide") which is available through HR, and in particular the clauses on insurance, claims and storage provided for under the Guide. Any additional insurance cover will be at employee's own cost.

The insurance cover is arranged by the Removal Contractor contracted to move Police employee’s effects. The Removal Contractor is responsible for insuring employees' furniture and household effects from commencement of packing until completion of delivery. This does not include events beyond their reasonable control such as house burglary or any items that are specifically excluded under the Guide.

The insurance cover relates to all furniture, furnishings, household goods and personal property of every description which is owned by the employee's household for which they are responsible, excluding any items that are specifically excluded under the Guide.
Note: If an NZ Police employee is unsure whether items are excluded for relocation, they should obtain advice directly from the Removal Contractor when arranging the removal.

Claims must be lodged with the Removal Contractor's insurer within seven days of delivery of the house-pack. The process for the lodgment of Claims is detailed in the Guide – Insurance, Claims and Storage.

NZ Police will not provide any additional insurance cover beyond that provided by the Removal Contractor.