Post-Loss Damage Assessment and Business Recovery Management: FEMA
Successful recovery from a catastrophic, bottom-line impacting event is essential to public entities’ community, employees, finances, and operations. Marsh Risk Consulting’s Forensic Accounting and Claims Services (FACS) Practice can work with you through the numerous claims-related issues that may follow such an event and help you achieve a superior recovery and/or minimize your loss.
Our team of professionals can respond anywhere in the United States within 48 hours of the incident to provide you with on-the-ground support to help manage your crisis. We have prepared for clients hundreds of complex insurance and FEMA (Federal Emergency Management Agency) claims totaling billions of dollars after federally declared disasters, including Hurricanes Charley, Frances, Ivan, Jeanne, Katrina, Rita, Wilma, Ike, and Irene, Superstorm Sandy, and floods in the Midwest.
FACS provides public entities expert insurance and FEMA claims leadership and resources to calculate, defend against, and analyze damages — helping you to achieve a timely recovery and stay focused on your community, employees, and operations.
Catastrophic Insurance and FEMA Claims
Declared disasters generally result in widespread destruction, including major property damage and operational disruption for public entities and others. The FACS Practice can assist you with the management and calculation of your insurance and FEMA claims so that you can focus on your public duties and return to normal operations as soon as possible. Our experience in the public sector enables us to identify both insurance and FEMA requirements during the preparation of your claim, helping to maximize your potential recovery.
We can provide effective and on-the-ground assistance with:
- The FEMA application process.
- Preliminary damage assessments.
- Proper accounting methods to capture loss-related disbursements.
- Tracking and allocating expenditures per insurer and FEMA requirements.
- Eligibility advice with loss expenditures.
- Preparation of project worksheets, including debris removal, emergency protective measures, and permanent repair and replacement work.
- Integration of the insurance settlement into the FEMA recovery formula.
- Compliance with insurer and FEMA guidelines.
- The final inspection and audit close-out process.
- The overall claim process, managing local personnel, repair contractors, loss adjusters, and FEMA representatives
- Timely claims status reports and identification of critical issues to be resolved — potentially before they develop into recovery delay challenges.
Powerful, Web-Based Tools
FACS supports its work with two powerful proprietary tools to assist in expediting your claim recovery with insurers, adjusters, and FEMA:
- The FACSconnect web-portal enables you to share information, manage documents from start to finish, and review and provide comments.
- The FACSdb database helps you compile, manage, and distribute large amounts of claim data efficiently and accurately.
For further details on Marsh’s post loss services, read Post-Loss Damage Assessment and Business Recovery Management: Hurricanes.