Diversity and Inclusion
Our Commitment to Action
Marsh is committed to creating a truly inclusive and equal workplace, one that inspires authenticity at work and supports our clients, colleagues and communities.
LGBTQ+ and Equality
We want to actively encourage an open inclusive and supportive workplace allowing our Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Trans (LGBTQ+) colleagues to feel confident bringing their whole selves to work, carry out their role to the best of their abilities and further their careers in an environment where they can thrive.
To do this we are focusing on these key actions:
- Champion an inclusive and progressive LGBTQ+ workplace.
- Marsh is part of the of the Stonewall Diversity Champions programme in 2019 and is signed up to the Stonewall Workplace Equality Index, the benchmarking tool for employers to measure their progress on lesbian, gay, bi and trans inclusion in the workplace.
- Ensuring our policies are LGBTQ+ inclusive.
- Positively impacting our LGBTQ+ culture and communities.
Our gender objectives focuses on engaging women and men across the organisation to attract, develop and retain women at all levels. To do this we are focusing on these key actions:
- Increasing our senior female representation
- Marsh is proud to be a signatory of the Women in Finance Charter 2020
- Reducing the Gender Pay Gap. Click here to see our Marsh Gender Pay Gap 2020
- Building our pipelines of female leaders
- Providing a wide range of support to our colleagues and clients to ensure that they are able to find the needed work/life balance.
An inclusive diverse environment is fundamental to ensuring that our colleagues feel engaged, supported, connected and valued. To help to improve race equality within Marsh UK and Ireland we are focusing on these key actions:
- Marsh is proud to be a signatory of the Race at Work Charter 2021
- Publish our Ethnicity Pay Gap Report in 2021
- Inclusion training for all people managers
- Actively increase our black and ethnic minority representation in recruitment
- Champion mentoring, progression and sponsorship for our black and ethnic minority colleagues.