Marsh Military Network
The Marsh Military Network aims to bring together the military community around our business, whether that is Veterans, Reservists, spouses of service personnel or those with an attachment to the military. We have a view to develop upon skills learned during times of service and share ideas to enhance careers and the business as a whole.
Formed in 2019, we facilitate community engagement through a variety of events during the year, ensuring that Marsh is a military friendly entity to our colleagues, clients and the communities in which we live and work. We also aim to encourage service leavers to develop their knowledge of insurance and business to aid them in a successful transition from the military into civilian life.
Key achievements so far
- Signing of the Armed Forces Covenant leading to gaining the Armed Forces Recognition Scheme Bronze, Silver and Gold Awards in approximately 18 months, the latter only being achieved by 127 companies in 2020 and the first insurance broker to do so.
Read our press release: Marsh Achieves Gold Award in UK Defence Employer Recognition Scheme.
- We were nominated as Employer of the Year at the Armed Forces in Business Awards 2020.
Plans for the future
- Continued support of the Lloyd's Military Network and the employment of veterans therein.
- Actively working within the Armed Forces Community, largely driven by volunteering efforts for the Royal Hospital Chelsea and Walking With the Wounded.
- Supporting and mentoring ex-forces colleagues within Marsh Engagement with all other Marsh CRG’s to ensure colleague engagement.