Mental Health @ Marsh
Mental Health @Marsh is a dedicated Colleague Resource Group that strives to make Marsh a happier and healthier workplace by creating awareness, providing support, and supplying resources to colleagues.
We achieve this by:
- Being inclusive for all, not just those that are manifesting as sick
- Encouraging personal ownership and personal responsibility for mental health
- Being visible to colleagues and being part of the firm's values
- Recognising diverse issues and concerns such as gender identity, sexual orientation, and family relationships
- Encouraging open and honest conversations between colleagues to help break down the stigmas.
Key achievements so far:
- Recognised by The British Insurance Awards, The Insurance Insider Honours, and Dive In Impact Awards for our Diversity & Inclusion contributions within Marsh.
- Led the initiative to train Mental Health First Aiders across the UK and Ireland as well as introducing pilot schemes for management awareness training.
- Signature events on specific topics, such as PTSD.
- The Breakfast Club: informal coffee shop discussions hosted by senior colleagues who openly talk about their own personal experiences.
- Webinars with external professionals on subjects such as managing anxiety, sleep clinics, and food and fitness.
- Lunch & Learn sessions where colleagues share their own experiences including OCD, sleep disorder and second-generation survivor guilt.
- Regular colleague led fitness sessions including yoga, running and tai chi.
Plans for the future
- We will continue to meet the evolving needs of our colleagues by providing confidential support and a platform to discuss their personal experiences.
- Expand our network of MHFAs across MMC in the UK.
- Explore relevant topics that adapt with us, in the new way of working: food, fitness, sleep, tech Lunch & Learns from external speakers
- Continue to collaborate with other CRGs and MH networks across the insurance market.