Global Insurance Regulatory and Premium Tax Update
The Global Insurance Regulatory and Premium Tax Update provides a summary of the latest insurance regulation and premium-related developments affecting insurance contracts procured by a multinational group.
The update covers:
- Argentina - Foreign exchange control restrictions lifted.
- Brazil - Reinsurance regulations relaxed.
- France - Terrorism fund increase.
- Hong Kong - Compulsory insurance for solicitors.
- India - Increase in service tax on insurance premiums and broker fees.
- Namibia - Compulsory cessions.
- UK - Increase in insurance premium tax; Insurance Act 2015.
- US - Federal excise tax on reinsurance premiums.
- Zambia - Levy on insurance premiums.