Z-MAX Plus: A Comprehensive Real Estate Insurance Solution
Real estate companies typically purchase a variety of insurance property, casualty, and financial and professional insurance products from multiple insurance, with renewal dates throughout the year. Such complex programs often require significant time and money to manage and may have gaps in coverage. And in the event of a loss that may theoretically be covered by more than one policy, disputes among insurers could lead to drawn-out claims processes and lower payouts.
Z-MAX Plus, a collaboration between Marsh and Zurich North America, provides a customizable risk transfer solution for commercial real estate companies, at competitive rates and via a single insurer. Z-MAX Plus offers a comprehensive portfolio of property, casualty, cyber, and management liability insurance along with access to industry leading risk engineering capabilities at competitive rates to help real estate risk professionals build global insurance programs, reduce coverage gaps, and ease administrative burdens while meeting loan covenant requirements.
Zurich’s proprietary property forms are easily customized to address the risk appetites and needs of midsize to multinational real estate businesses.
- Zurich Property Portfolio Protection delivers a modular format with broad coverage terms that can be easily customized for small to mid-size businesses.
- Zurich Edge brings a high degree of flexibility in options and pricing for large properties and/or those with global exposures that fall into the highly protected risk market.
Zurich’s Casualty products and solutions can address unique exposures to fit the risk appetite of businesses in all asset classes.
- General liability, with 25 supplemental coverage endorsements available.
- Commercial auto liability.
- Workers’ compensation (guaranteed or loss-sensitive).
- Umbrella liability with combined A/B coverage, including casualty crisis expense (coverage C).
- Environmental liability, with customizable coverages.
Zurich can help protect businesses from the financial and reputational impacts posed by today’s high-risk cyber landscape.
A variety of key cyber coverages are conveniently combined within
a single, unified solution. In addition to traditional coverages, our cyber policy includes:
- Business income protection.
- Cyber extortion threats and reward payments.
- Reputational damage coverage.
- Additional risk mitigation services, including complementary network security consulting with cyber risk engineers and endpoint monitoring services.
Zurich’s suite of solutions includes proprietary integrated financial lines coverages that include:
- Directors and officers liability (D&O).
- Employment practice liability.
- Fiduciary liability.
- Errors and omissions (E&O).
- Zurich’s risk engineers can help protect your real estate business holistically with solutions that include:
- Property risk assessments of physical damage and business exposures using Zurich’s proprietary property grading, as well as recommendations to help improve a property’s ratings.
- Water intrusion evaluations to address water damage risks.
- Assessments of slip, trip, and fall exposures, including the 10 most prevalent risk factors related to this serious source of loss.
- Fleet program reviews and implementation assistance, including a benchmarked grading report and risk improvement actions.
- Safety Source learning management system offering the convenience of online safety training for up to 1,500 employees.
- Cyber risk program assessments and improvement recommendations.
Additional Program Benefits
Z-MAX Plus offers significant depth of coverage, including more than 30 additional coverage forms that buyers can choose from and compliant solutions for more than 215 countries and territories. The program also offers the benefits of a single-carrier approach, which can help buyers reduce coverage gaps and avoid coverage disputes following a loss and valuable administrative efficiencies, including the consolidation of multiple renewal dates. Backed by Zurich American Insurance Company — rated A+ by A.M. Best, AA — by Standard & Poor’s as of July 2019), Z-MAX Plus offers buyers competitive pricing, ample capacity to insure high-value locations, robust coverage limits across multiple lines, and financial security to meet key loan covenant requirements.