2013 Changes to ISO Endorsements
The Insurance Services Office (ISO) recently released changes to its endorsements, effective April 2013.
ISO made the following changes, which are discussed in detail in the attached white paper:
- Additional insured (AI): Insurance afforded to an additional insured only applies to the extent permitted by law.
- Primary and noncontributory other insurance condition: ISO added an endorsement regarding primary and noncontributory "other insurance," which modifies coverage under certain circumstances.
- Modification of the controlling interest endorsement.
- Additional professional exclusion for AI endorsements and certain exclusions.
- Several new endorsements regarding additional insured who are owners, lessees of contractors.
- Total pollution exclusion for designated products or work that may be attached to the base form via endorsement.
- Change of definition of personal or advertising injury.
- New endorsements amend conditions with respect to "coverage territory."
- Amended insurance contract definition.