Global Insurance Regulatory and Premium Tax Update – March 2017
This adviser provides a summary of the latest insurance regulation and premium-related developments affecting insurance contracts procured by a multinational group.
The update covers:
- Australia: New South Wales – Emergency Services Levy.
- Brazil: Change in Reinsurance Legislation.
- Canada: Prince Edward Island – Increase in Premium Tax Rate.
- Colombia – Tax Law Changes.
- Greece – Ships and Aircraft Exemption.
- Gulf Cooperation Council Member States – Value Added Tax (VAT).
- India – Reinsurance Regulation.
- Kenya – Marine Cargo Insurance.
- Macau – Compulsory Professional Liability Insurance for Healthcare Providers.
- Netherlands – Exemptions From Insurance Premium Tax.
- Norway – Tax on Financial Activities.
- Russia – Reinsurance Regulation.
- Slovakia – Insurance Levy.
- UK – Increase in Insurance Premium Tax.