Global Insurance Regulatory and Premium Tax Update July 2014
The Global Insurance Regulatory and Premium Tax Update is a summary of the latest insurance regulation and premium-related news that could affect insurance contracts procured by a multinational group. The update covers:
- China - Product liability.
- Republic of the Congo - Premium tax increase.
- Denmark - Environmental contribution.
- Germany - Premium tax.
- Ghana - Cash before cover.
- Hong Kong - Directors and officers liability.
- Japan - Consumption tax.
- Kenya - Formal approval requirement.
- Nigeria - Approval for offshore reinsurance.
- Saudi Arabia - Compulsory insurance.
- Slovakia - Insurers' levy.
- Zambia - Policies and premium in US dollars.