How to Manage the Unique Risks of Doing Business With the US Federal Government
Moderated by Michal Gnatek, leader of Marsh’s Government Contracting Center of Excellence in Washington, D.C., the webcast panel covered key takeaways from Marsh's 2016 “Government Contracting Risk Forum.”
Among the topics they covered:
- Risks of contracting directly with foreign governments, including regulatory, political, and economic risks; contracting and legal risks; and financial risk as well as solutions for mitigating the exposures.
- Challenges associated with sending employees to into harm’s way, including strategies for ensuring safe transport as well as for maintaining their security once they are there.
- Cyber risk implications for US Government contractors, including compliance issues, cybersecurity, risk management solutions that go beyond insurance, and third-party cyber risks.
- The merger and acquisitions (M&A) landscape, including risk managers’ roles in M&A, due diligence and cyber and human resources issues, and the role of representations and warranties insurance.
The expert webcast panel included:
- Jack Gocke, leader of multinational client development for Marsh’s Mid-Atlantic region.
- Steve Cohen, an expert in mergers and acquisition risk with Marsh.
- Jeffrey Batt, an expert in cyber risk with Marsh.