Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and innovative risk management solutions. In more than 130 countries, our experts help clients to anticipate, quantify, and more fully understand the range of risks they face. In today’s increasingly uncertain global business environment, Marsh helps clients to thrive and survive.
We work with clients of all sizes to define, design, and deliver innovative solutions to better quantify and manage risk. To every client interaction we bring a powerful combination of deep intellectual capital, industry-specific expertise, global experience, and collaboration. We offer risk management, risk consulting, insurance broking, alternative risk financing, and insurance programme management services.
Since 1871 clients have relied on Marsh for trusted advice, to represent their interests in the marketplace, make sense of an increasingly complex world, and help turn risks into new opportunities for growth. Our more than 35,000 colleagues work on behalf of our clients, who are enterprises of all sizes in every industry, and include businesses, government entities, multinational organisations, and individuals around the world.
Marsh is a business of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), the leading global professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. With annual revenue approaching US$17 billion and 76,000 colleagues worldwide, MMC helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment through four market-leading businesses: Marsh, Guy Carpenter, Mercer, and Oliver Wyman.
The History of Marsh
Marsh has a rich heritage, spanning over 140 years. Over our long and distinguished history, we have built up an incredible knowledge base to address tomorrow’s most challenging risks.
Under the name Marsh & McLennan Companies, Marsh has existed since 1871 and has been a pioneer in risk and insurance services for over than 140 years. Throughout, we have demonstrated our industry leadership in numerous ways.
- We introduced the concept of the insurance broker acting as a buyer of insurance on behalf of clients, rather than as a seller of insurance. Today, we continue to add new value for clients through innovative insurance programmes and efficient placement processes.
- We pioneered the concept of self-insurance, with associated risk management actions to mitigate exposures. In 2009, our Risk Consulting Practice in the UK was named as the best risk management service provider in the European Risk Management Awards.
- We were the first broker to send risk experts to a catastrophe site - San Francisco in the aftermath of the earthquake. We are leaders today in evaluating catastrophe risk for clients and using the latest catastrophe modelling techniques.
- We arranged the first 'space-bound' life insurance coverage for Mercury astronauts. Currently, Marsh has the largest Aviation account world-wide.
- We introduced a suite of merger and acquisition solutions covering tax opinions, representations and warranties, and litigation buyouts to facilitate transactions and enhance their value. In 2005, our market-leading Private Equity and Mergers & Acquisitions (PEMA) Practice were advisers to over 400 deals in Europe.
Marsh in Asia
Marsh understands risk better than anyone else in Asia.
Being the world’s most populous region, Asia is a fast growing market and plays an essential and dynamic role in the global economy. It is the hub for many global industries, such as manufacturing, infrastructure development and high-tech.
However, opportunity never comes without risk. Companies operating in Asia - large or small - face a constantly changing risk landscape. Marsh understands cost containment is as important as risk management. We work with you to understand your business first, then provide customized and innovative risk management and insurance solutions to help your business succeed.
In Asia, Marsh is represented in:
- Hong Kong
- Myanmar (Representative Office)
Marsh in Singapore
Marsh Singapore Pte Ltd is Marsh’s fully-owned regional hub in Asia, and has two primary functions: the Singapore local team which provides services to local and international companies operating in Singapore; and the regional team which provides support to Marsh operations around Asia.
Marsh is Singapore’s leading insurance broker and risk management advisor, and began operations in Singapore in 1972. Marsh provides a full range of services for every type of industry and business.
Marsh and its predecessor companies have been in Asia for nearly 60 years, with over 1,800 professionals in 12 countries.
Marsh’s comprehensive suit of services includes:
- Insurance program design
- Placement of all lines of insurance with experienced and secure underwriters
- Advice on insurance security and renewal presentation to markets
- Insurance claims management
Risk Consulting Services
- Business Risk Consulting
- Forensic Accounting and Claims Services (FACS)
- Workforce Strategies
- Large and/or Multinational Corporations
- Small and Medium-sized enterprises
- Affinity and Personal Lines