An increase in food safety legislation, the complexity of supply chains, and international expansion continue to challenge food and beverage manufacturers. The need for successful product innovation and the importance of brand protection are keys to success. Marsh can help you meet these challenges by:
- Using data and analytics to measure both risk and its mitigation, our global Supply Chain Risk Management (SCRM) Practice provides solutions that can help you ensure that the right risk solutions are in place for you to overcome adverse events and remain competitive.
- Building resiliency into your organisation and its supply chain as well as developing robust business continuity and crisis management plans.
- Managing the costs associated with liability to help you to improve operational efficiency and enhance profitability. The Marsh Claims Cost of Risk Reduction Program helps you assess your historical claims drivers, identify opportunities to reduce risk, improve defensibility, and ultimately reduce cost.
- Helping you to establish an insurance program that covers not only the traditional risks such as property and liability but also the risks of product tamper and recall.
Marsh provides risk management solutions to manufacturers, processors, and distributors of fresh and packaged food and drinks worldwide. Among the risk management services we provide are:
- Workforce strategies and software to mitigate workers’ compensation and fleet/auto safety risks and close claims.
- Product contamination risk assessments, claims, and crisis consulting.
- Business interruption and continuity consulting.
- Self-assessment tools to identify and remedy potential underwriting issues.
- Property coverage solutions placement.
The result? A risk management program that aims to help reduce the total cost of risk, assist in the allocation of capital, and may offset an existing reserve or liability on a balance sheet, thus protecting earnings and cash flow.