Fleet safety is of paramount importance, especially given the trend toward larger liability verdicts and settlements. And finding and retaining quality drivers is often a challenge. The fleet consulting experts in Marsh’s Transportation Practice — many of whom are transportation industry veterans — know these issues well. Supported by industry-leading data and analytics and predictive modeling tools, they provide insights that help you understand your risk exposures, and the approaches to manage them.
Marsh can develop an innovative program of alternative risk solutions that helps protect your balance sheet, optimize operations, and increase stability and budget predictability — while minimizing total cost of risk.
Trucking & Land Transportation
Marsh’s Transportation Practice looks at the world from your perspective. We have decades of experience servicing the risk management needs of the transport industry and addressing the unique challenges of transportation companies at all stages of growth. For example:
- Small Enterprises – Marsh can advise on regulatory issues, and work with your firm to identify risk deficiencies and establish a culture of safety.
- Mid-Size Enterprises – Marsh claims advisors can help you navigate your incidents and claims, while our Marsh Risk Consulting experts can help you with loss control and risk mitigation; we can even help you minimize fuel and maintenance costs through driver improvement and telematics programs.
- Large Enterprises – Elite firms will benefit from Marsh’s proven analytics and alternative risk financing solutions (including our fleet captive) to ensure that your total cost of risk is always considered.
To help you manage a chronic shortage of drivers, Marsh’s Transportation Practice offers multiple programs to help find, manage, and reward drivers — and reduce the associated risks. Our solutions include:
- Driver recruitment/retention - Employing a broad, consultative approach, we can help you find, select, train, and retain quality drivers, both salaried and independent.
- Driver safety - Our consulting solutions can help improve your bottom line by dramatically reducing unsafe driving and its costs.
- Driver recognition - To increase driver morale and reduce turnover, we can help design or enhance a program for acknowledging and rewarding your drivers' efforts.
As the risks of operating motor vehicle fleets continue to rise, so do your costs. Marsh's Transportation Practice offers solutions to help reduce both, including:
- Fleet Safety - Marsh’s Fleet Hazard Control services team helps you minimize and manage risks related to a variety of fleet types. We’ll assess your operations and solve difficult fleet safety problems.
- Fleet Risk Control Services - Our transportation experts offer numerous organizational and operational business services covering fleet safety, driver training, loss prevention, asset utilization, growth strategies, and driver retention.
- Group Captive - Create a captive insurance company and gain greater premium stability, control over claims, investment income, and, in some cases, tax benefits. Your captive can provide workers' compensation, general liability, automobile liability, and physical damage coverage.
Cargo insurance is designed to provide protection against all risks of physical loss or damage, from any external cause, to goods while in the course of transit. Marsh offers web-based shipment reporting systems that are easy to use and take only minutes to complete. Additionally, our program offers the following:
- Competitive rates
- Insurance coverage rather than just legal liability
- Simple online declaration procedure that takes only minutes to complete
- Claims service that is client-focused, working with you and your clients
- 24 hour technical support available at your fingertips
Marsh solutions have been designed specifically for: