Canadian Oil Heat Association Insurance Program
Members of the Canadian Oil Heat Association (COHA) are eligible to participate in a specifically-designed group risk and insurance management program. Marsh Canada is pleased to be the officially endorsed broker for the program and can provide members with tailored, comprehensive coverage at competitive prices. Marsh recognizes the need of COHA members to take control of their cost of risk and make informed choices about how their premium dollars are spent. When considering your risk needs, take advantage of your membership in COHA and the benefits group purhasing of insurance can bring to your business.
Working in conjunction with your COHA insurance committee, we have designed an industry-driven risk management program to help align the collective goals of your industry and individual-concerned members to create momentum for solutions that are otherwise individually challenging.
- “Raise the bar” for managing risks
- Control the ‘agenda’
- Access industry specific risk management programs with key stakeholders including lenders, insurers, regulators, remediation firms, legal firms, and adjusters
- Coverage assessments
- Long-term program viability
- Differentiation within the marketplace
- Cost efficiency
- Enhanced stakeholder relations
- More effective control of brand and reputation
- Improved financial/insurance terms
- Timely and efficient claims handling
- Identification of possible coverage deficiencies
- Less sensitivity to premium fluctuations and restrictions of coverage
Marsh recognizes the need of COHA members to take control of their cost of risk and make informed choices about how their premium dollars are spent.
Members can also benefit from the broad industry expertise offered by Marsh’s Risk Consulting Practice (MRC) — a group of multi-disciplined professionals providing specialized risk advisory services within Marsh Canada Limited. Our mandate is to work collaboratively with our clients to make them more successful through effective risk identification, analysis, and mitigation advice and solutions.
MRC can help COHA members with industry-driven risk management initiatives through:
- Risk identification, assessment, and analysis.
- Development of risk management and control best practices.
- Performance measurement/validation.
- Risk awareness, training, and education.
- Specialist solutions including fleet safety and workers’ compensation.
- Strong market relationships with your insurers.
- Claims Management and Stabilizing Insurance Costs
Although most business owners want lower premiums, few focus on claims management as a way of achieving that goal. Marsh Canada can show COHA members how the reduction in frequency and severity of claims can result in premium savings. Through focus on providing a “toolkit,” to members who join the program, insureds are educated on the benefits of claims management before a claim occurs.
In the event of a claim, remediation solutions can also assist in reducing overall cost of risk and ultimately stabilize insurance costs.
Through our claims management toolkit, Marsh recommends:
- Development of loss remediation strategies.
- Application of best practices standards.
- Formulation of procedures.
- Provision of counsel on coverage and measurement disputes.
- Assistance in negotiation, settlement, and completion of proof of loss.
- Monitoring of insurer’s claims handling and responses.