Strategic Risk Consulting
MRC’s Strategic Risk Consulting Practice consultants have the unique ability to develop and integrate customized business continuity and resiliency solutions into your company’s overall risk management and preparedness strategy.
MRC works with your organization to determine the best continuity and recovery strategies and solutions in order to develop viable business continuity plans tailored to the unique specifications of your organization. To better understand your business risks it is integral to complete business impact analysis and strategy identification sessions that address the following:
- Determining critical business processes and resources and outlining their continuity strategies.
- Aligning response priorities with key business objectives and prioritizing stakeholders.
- Defining an overall structure and process to guide rapid and coordinated decision making at appropriate levels of the organization.
While plans are essential pieces of documentation outlining your intended response to disruptive events to continue operations, it is an organization’s implementation of their response capabilities that matters most. MRC can evaluate your organization’s state of readiness — your current business continuity or other response plans and processes — for real world viability. This may include:
- Orchestrating and aligning all related incident response plans, including crisis management, business continuity, emergency response, supply chain, disaster recovery, and crisis communications, among others. Where such plans do not exist, MRC experts can help you to develop them.
- Assessing the viability of response plans using facilitated exercises to simulate disruptive events.
- Designing a multi-year program that enhances your response capabilities and fosters a culture of preparedness.
Enterprise Risk Management
Enterprise risk management (ERM) is a structured, consistent, and continuous risk management process applied across an entire organization that allows companies to better understand and address material risks. Corporate boards, ratings agencies, and regulatory bodies are among the key drivers for advancing ERM. The implementation of ERM can facilitate better capital resource allocation decisions, increase operational efficiency, and enhance a company’s risk control efforts to support critical strategic, compliance, and governance initiatives. Marsh Risk Consulting (MRC) can help your organization apply an integrated approach to identifying and assessing business-critical risks, evaluating existing risk management infrastructure elements, and constructing continuous, in-depth ERM processes.
Cyber Risk Management
Cybersecurity is no longer just an IT issue. It is an enterprise risk issue that must be considered and addressed by many stakeholders throughout the organization. Simply throwing money at the problem will not make it go away.
A cyber-attack or other event can cause severe disruption and damage to a client’s organization. MRC partners with cybersecurity firms to offer both technical and risk management expertise, resulting in a multidimensional, comprehensive, and inclusive program tailored to the needs of your enterprise.