With global trade comes a patchwork of insurance marketplaces and regulations, each with distinct rules and customs. Disparate mandates and local standards complicate the way multinational companies address property and casualty risks, as well as political, trade credit, and specialty risks.
Marsh has the global insight, disciplined process, and deep experience to help multinational organizations manage the risks of operating in multiple markets. We bring international perspectives to help you understand wide-ranging issues, such as emerging risks, local-market nuances, and other elements that influence multinational and intra-regional insurance solutions. And our Insurance, Regulatory and Tax (IRT) Consulting Practice delivers relevant, timely insights on region-specific regulations and taxation issues, so clients can anticipate emergent issues and make informed business decisions.
Marsh can also show you the impact of cross-border insurance programs, and advise you on executing a multi-coverage strategy that helps manage your risks on a global scale.
Our disciplined process and attentive service, our centralized, efficient approach using our proprietary “Rules of the Road”, and our collaborative worldwide network provides consistent, repeatable servicing of international and local policies – even in remote corners of the globe.
Whether you do business in two countries, or in two dozen, Marsh can help you:
- Quickly respond to and meet emerging challenges.
- Understand local governments’ rules and regulations.
- Make informed decisions and weigh the practicalities of cost, coverage, and compliance.
- Manage your program and optimize its value.
Marsh’s Multinational Client Services advisors help our clients and colleagues by:
- Keeping abreast of global risk and insurance issues.
- Leading our servicing offices around the world in delivering global insurance solutions across coverage lines.
We provide a single point of contact that helps administer global programs across your product lines, including international liability, property, financial and professional, and marine. Our professionals are fluent in multiple languages and many of our specialists have lived and worked outside their home countries, making them highly sensitive to local business environment, customs, norms, and conditions.
With more than 400 offices in more than 100 countries, the advantages of Marsh’s globally integrated network include:
- Established, trusted relationships throughout our multinational network.
- Local professionals experienced in servicing both controlled master program underlyers and independent local insurance policies.
- Consistent service around the world.
- Local market and regulatory insights and perspectives, and appreciation of cultural norms, nuances, and personal relationships.
Insurance Regulatory and Tax Consulting
Regulatory and tax compliance has become critical for senior executives and risk managers of multinational companies. Many call upon Marsh’s Insurance Regulatory and Tax Consulting (IRT) Practice.
We offer you deep understanding and knowledge of both global and local insurance and tax rules. Our network of local experts provides real-time updates on insurance regulation and tax developments across approximately 70 countries. They can give you the support and information you need to evaluate regulatory and premium-related tax risks in your insurance and alternative risk-financing programs worldwide.