Effective September 7, 2022
Marsh Pte Ltd (“Marsh”) believes strongly in protecting the privacy and confidentiality of Internet users who visit this website (“site”). This Privacy Notice explains the way which this site collects personal information, how we may use this information, and the ways in which we protect it. Generally, personal information is information that can be used to identify you or your activities on this site or through services offered on this site.
The Privacy Notice is subject to change at any time. If we make changes to this Privacy Notice, we will update the “Effective date” at the top of this page. Any changes we make to this Privacy Statement become effective immediately, so you should review this Privacy Statement regularly for changes.
This Privacy Notice applies solely to data collected via the site; there may be additional personal (and other) information we have or collect about you pursuant to other relationships.
Please take a moment to familiarise yourself with our privacy practices. If you have any questions, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Scope of this Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice applies solely to data collected via the Site. We gather this information when you:
- Visit or use our websites and/or applications,
- Provide us with the personal information required to fulfil the services we offer
- Send messages to us
- View or click on online content
- Create an account
What Data Do We Collect?
"Personal information" is information that identifies you as an individual or relates to an identifiable individual. The type of personal information we may collect may relate to the performance of this site and, when applicable, the product or service being offered to you.
Generally, we may collect the following types of personal information about you and, if required for the services provided, about your dependents or beneficiaries:
Individual Contact and Demographic Information (including Family Members): name, address, email address, telephone number, gender, marital status, date and place of birth, employer, job title and employment history, and/or your relationship to the policyholder, insured, beneficiary or claimant.
Identification details: identification numbers issued by government bodies or agencies (e.g. depending on the country where you reside, this may include your social security or national insurance number, passport number, ID number, tax identification number, or driver’s license number).
Financial information: payment card number, bank account number and account details, income and other financial information.
Insurable Risk Information: the information necessary to secure insurance products, provide risk consulting services, and/or offer guidance on other financial products and services to you – which may include, only to the extent necessary, the following:
- Health data: current or former physical or mental medical conditions, health status, injury or disability information, medical procedures performed, relevant personal habits (e.g. smoking or consumption of alcohol), prescription information, medical history;
- Criminal records data: criminal convictions, including driving offences; and
- Other special categories of personal information: racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, genetic data, biometric data, and data concerning an individual’s sex life or sexual orientation.
Policy Information: information about the insurance quotes individuals receive and the policies they obtain.
Credit and Anti-fraud Data: credit history and credit score, individual information about fraud convictions, allegations of crimes and sanctions details received from various anti-fraud and sanctions databases, or regulators or law enforcement agencies.
Current and/or Previous Claims: information about current and/or previous claims, which may include health data, criminal records data and other Special Categories of personal information (as described in the Insured Risk definition above).
Marketing Data: whether or not the individual has consented to receive marketing from us and/or from third parties.
Site Related Information: information related to the operation of a website, which may include log-in credentials, IP address and other site related information.
How do We Collect Data?
Information Provided by You, Your Representatives or Third Parties
We may collect information from you, your representative, your employer, association, group, or benefit program sponsor and/or third parties that have roles in delivering services to you, your employer, association, group or benefit program sponsor. These may include insurance companies, plan administrators and vendors, brokers or agents, credit agencies, and financial institutions. You might provide this information when you visit this site; apply for insurance coverage; enrol in an association, group, or benefits program; communicate with us through email, chat and instant messenger; speak to a Marsh representative by phone or in a call centre; or send mail/faxes to our office. In addition, your employer, association, group or benefit program sponsor or someone acting on their behalf may provide us with information about you.
If you supply us with personal information about other people, you represent that you have the authority to provide this information on their behalf. In these instances, you further represent that the individuals to whom this information relates have been informed of and understand the reason(s) for obtaining the information, the manner in which this information will be used and disclosed, and have consented to such use and disclosure.
Information Collected by Automated Means
We use various tools to enhance your user experience and track users of our websites, including cookies and web beacons. These tools may collect personal information including your IP address and domain name, your browser version and operating system, traffic data, location data, web logs and other communication data, and the resources that you access.
You can refuse to accept and delete cookies by adjusting your browser setting. Please note that refusing or deleting cookies may impact your browsing experience on our websites, or prevent you from using some of its services, and it may result in the deletion of any preferences you have set. For more information on how to reject or delete cookies, you should consult with your browser's or device’s help documentation or visit www.aboutcookies.org. We do not use technology that recognises do-not-track signals from your browser. You can also opt out of Internet based advertising by installing a browser plugin from the third party where available. For more information about interest-based advertising, please see Network Advertising. You may also be able to opt out of our use of certain cookies using our Cookie Management Tool, where available, linked at the bottom of the Site.
In addition, in the course of seeking network security and consistent service for all users, software programs may be employed to monitor network traffic, identify unauthorised access or access to non-public information, detect computer viruses and other software that might damage our computers or the network, and monitor and fine-tune our network’s performance. These programs may detect additional information from your computer such as your IP address, addresses from network packets, and other technical information. Any such information is used only for the purpose of maintaining the security and performance of our networks and computer systems.
We may combine the information you provide us and information we automatically collect with information from public or third-party sources.
How Do We Use the Personal Information We Collect?
We will use the information provided by you in order to:
- verify your identity
- register and service your online account
- contact you when necessary and to respond to your requests and inquiries
- process an insurance transaction, enrolment, or service requested by you directly, or through a third party
- allow you to manage the services requested by you, or through a third party
- maintain network security and performance and protect against cyber-attacks
- market our services to you, including ours, those of our affiliates, and those of other third parties
- analyse and improve our products and services and evaluate the overall effectiveness of our marketing activities and overall services
- administer, improve, and personalise the Site
- In addition to our own analysis, enhancement, and evaluation activities, we work with Google Analytics to collect information about the use of this Site (including how often users visit the Site and what pages’ users visited prior to visiting the Site) to maintain and improve the Site. For information about how Google uses the information, see Google’s Terms of Service and the Google Privacy Notice. You can opt out of Google Analytics by visiting https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- comply with and enforce applicable laws, industry standards, and our own policies
- as otherwise described to you at the point of collection or pursuant to your consent
Who Do We Share Your Data With?
We may share your personal information to assist with managing and running this site, or deliver other insurance and consulting products or services requested by you, your employer, or association, group or benefit program sponsor. We may share this information:
- as necessary to perform the services you request from us
- We may disclose your personal information to insurance carriers, and third-party brokers/agents in connection with providing quotes, administering claims, binding coverages, and other services.
- with your employer, association, group or benefit program sponsor (when applicable)
- To assist in the administration of a group insurance program, we may share program-related personal information required for the administration and governance of the group program.
- with affiliates
- to enable them to provide services to you or contact you regarding additional products and services that you have expressed an interest in.
- with third party service providers
- We sometimes contract with other companies and individuals to perform functions or services for us or on our behalf, such as hosting this Site, sending e-mail messages, and making phone calls. They may have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but are contractually restricted from using such personal information for purposes other than providing services for us or on our behalf.
- to address legal concerns
- We may preserve, and have the right to disclose any information about you or your use of this Site, without your prior permission if we have a good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of our company or its affiliates, other users of this Site, or the public; (b) enforce the terms and conditions that apply to use of this Site; (c) respond to claims that any content violates the rights of third parties; (d) respond to claims of suspected or actual illegal activity; (e) respond to an audit or investigate a complaint or security threat; or (f) comply with applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental requests.
We will not disclose, share, sell, or otherwise disclose your information to unaffiliated third parties for their own marketing unless so authorised by you, your employer or association, group or benefit program sponsor.
Our third-party affiliates, service providers and successors to whom we disclose information are required by law and/or contractual requirements to keep your personal information confidential and secure. These parties may not use or disclose it except as reasonably necessary to provide services to you, on our behalf, or on behalf of your employer or association, group of benefit program sponsor, or to comply with or as permitted by applicable law.
What Steps Do We Take to Protect Your Information?
This site and all information submitted by you or on behalf of you through this site may be collected, stored, and processed in countries other than the one in which you reside, including, but not limited to, the United States.
We restrict access to your personal information to employees of ours, our affiliates, and third-party service providers who reasonably need it to support this site or provide our products or services. We have implemented physical, administrative, and technical safeguards to protect your personal information from unauthorised access. However, as effective as our security measures are, no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our systems, nor can we guarantee that information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet.
What Rights and Obligations Do You Have with Respect to Your Data?
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
Keeping your information accurate and up-to-date is very important. Inaccurate or incomplete information could impact our ability to deliver relevant services to you. Please let us know about any changes that may be required to your personal information using the contact information below.
Securing Your Own Information
By using this site, you agree that you will take measures to protect this information, including the maintenance of any username and password in a confidential manner, and restricting system access to only those who may need such access on your behalf.
Some Other Matters
Cross-Border Transfer of Personal Information
In the event we sell some or all of our assets, it is possible your personal information could be one of the assets transferred to the purchaser. We may disclose and/or transfer your personal information to a third-party purchaser under these circumstances.
This site is not intended for children, and we do not knowingly collect, use, or disclose information of children under the age of thirteen (13) without the consent of their parents or legal guardians. In an instance where such information was collected, it would be purely accidental and unintentional.
Changes to This Privacy Notice
The Privacy Notice is subject to change at any time. If we make changes to this Privacy Notice, we will update the “Effective date” at the top of this page. Any changes we make to this Privacy Notice become effective immediately, so you should review this Privacy Notice regularly for changes.
Questions, Requests, or Complaints
If you have any questions, requests, concerns or complaints about this Privacy Notice, or our privacy practices in general, please email us at email@example.com .