Today, education institutions face a wide range of risks, from campus security and safety, to compliance with government regulations, cyber risk, and more.
We provide protection focused on dealing with exposure to physical, consequential, legal, management, financial, and reputational risk – drawing on a bespoke portfolio of insurance solutions and risk management services that meet the specific requirements of your educational institution.
The result: Boards of Education, risk committees, senior management teams, and governors can rest assured that critical risks have been identified and addressed, their faculty and students risks are managed appropriately, and their organisation’s total cost of risk has been minimised.
The higher education sector is experiencing considerable change, with rising competition for funding and students, ever more regulatory and legal requirements, and a need to maximise the delivery and quality of services to students.
Marsh is a leading provider of risk and insurance advisory services to the higher education sector. We have access to a wide range of insurance markets, both in Ireland and globally, and can draw upon the expertise of our global network of education sector specialists.
We also understand the need to control costs by increasing efficiency, and have extensive experience of providing innovative solutions to some of the key challenges that face the higher education sector, such as:
- Rising operational costs versus decreases in funding.
- Facilitating consortia arrangements for higher education institutions and using economies of scale and mutual partnerships to your advantage.
- Risks of campus slips, trips, and falls.
- Work and study placements risks
- International research and study abroad.
- Health concerns, for example, the spread of infections.
- Campus safety, security, and quality.
- Improvements to working capital.
- Research risks, including protection of intellectual capital and loss of revenue.
- Emergency response and crisis communication planning (for example, student demonstrations and loss of campus services).
Technology related risks (for example, breaches of security, cyber attacks, and electronic "stalking").
Primary and Secondary Schools
We assist many clients in this sector and provide them with services ranging from traditional insurance covers for primary schools through to the design and implementation of complex risk management and transfer programmes.
In addition to our risk consulting and advanced risk transfer capabilities, we have developed tailor-made insurance packages for primary and secondary schools. The programmes include material damage/loss, consequential loss, employers liability, public liability, professional indemnity, and legal expenses. In addition, a student’s personal accident insurance scheme is available.