Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and innovative risk management solutions. In more than 130 countries, our experts help clients to anticipate, quantify, and more fully understand the range of risks they face. In today’s increasingly uncertain global business environment, Marsh helps clients to thrive and survive.
We work with clients of all sizes to define, design, and deliver innovative solutions to better quantify and manage risk. To every client interaction we bring a powerful combination of deep intellectual capital, industry-specific expertise, global experience, and collaboration. We offer risk management, risk consulting, insurance broking, alternative risk financing, and insurance programme management services.
Since 1871 clients have relied on Marsh for trusted advice, to represent their interests in the marketplace, make sense of an increasingly complex world, and help turn risks into new opportunities for growth. Our more than 30,000 colleagues work on behalf of our clients, who are enterprises of all sizes in every industry, and include businesses, government entities, multinational organisations, and individuals around the world.
We are a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), the leading global professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. With 60,000 colleagues worldwide and annual revenue exceeding $13 billion, Marsh & McLennan Companies also include global leaders Guy Carpenter, Mercer, and Oliver Wyman.
The History of Marsh
Marsh has a rich heritage, spanning over 140 years. Over our long and distinguished history, we have built up an incredible knowledge base to address tomorrow’s most challenging risks.
Under the name Marsh & McLennan Companies, Marsh has existed since 1871 and has been a pioneer in risk and insurance services for over than 140 years. Throughout, we have demonstrated our industry leadership in numerous ways.
- We introduced the concept of the insurance broker acting as a buyer of insurance on behalf of clients, rather than as a seller of insurance. Today, we continue to add new value for clients through innovative insurance programmes and efficient placement processes.
- We pioneered the concept of self-insurance, with associated risk management actions to mitigate exposures. In 2009, our Risk Consulting Practice in the UK was named as the best risk management service provider in the European Risk Management Awards.
- We were the first broker to send risk experts to a catastrophe site - San Francisco in the aftermath of the earthquake. We are leaders today in evaluating catastrophe risk for clients and using the latest catastrophe modelling techniques.
- We arranged the first 'space-bound' life insurance coverage for Mercury astronauts. Currently, Marsh has the largest Aviation account world-wide.
- We introduced a suite of merger and acquisition solutions covering tax opinions, representations and warranties, and litigation buyouts to facilitate transactions and enhance their value. In 2005, our market-leading Private Equity and Mergers & Acquisitions (PEMA) Practice were advisers to over 400 deals in Europe.
Marsh in Asia
Marsh understands risk better than anyone else in Asia.
Being the world’s most populous region, Asia is a fast growing market and plays an essential and dynamic role in the global economy. It is the hub for many global industries, such as manufacturing, infrastructure development and high-tech.
However, opportunity never comes without risk. Companies operating in Asia - large or small - face a constantly changing risk landscape. Marsh understands cost containment is as important as risk management. We work with you to understand your business first, then provide customized and innovative risk management and insurance solutions to help your business succeed.
In Asia, Marsh is represented in:
- Hong Kong
- Myanmar (Representative Office)
Marsh in India
Marsh is the leading insurance broking and risk management firm in India. In India, Marsh received its broking license from the Insurance and Regulatory Development Authority (IRDA) and was established in 2003. Today, it has ten offices and over 350 professional staff in India dedicated to creating and implementing innovative risk management and insurance solutions to help clients succeed.
Marsh understands cost containment is as important as risk management. We work with you to understand your business first, then provide customized and innovative risk management and insurance solutions at cost effective terms available in the market to help your business succeed.
Marsh Services include:
- Insurance program design
- Placement of all lines of insurance with experienced and secured underwriters
- Insurance claims management
Risk Consulting Services
- Property Risk Consulting
- Supply Chain Risk Management
- Fire Risk Engineering
- Nat Haz Risk Evaluation
- Logistics Risk Management
- Marsh Global Analytics
- Transportation Risk Management
- Large and/or Multinational Corporations
- Small and Medium-sized enterprises
- Affinity and Personal Lines
Benefits of working with Marsh
- A deep understanding of the Indian insurance market and regulatory requirements
- Dedicated Professionals - Specialist industry and product capabilities.
- A comprehensive suite of integrated services, including insurance program design and placement.
- Seamless Global Network - A central point of contact for companies with international operations.
- Optimize the insurance placement, making it cost effective.
- Deliver claim solutions, adding value to our clients when they need it most.
About Marsh India
Marsh India is a joint venture of the Marsh & McLennan group of companies and the Indian promoters. Marsh India Insurance Brokers Pvt. Limited has about 467 employees and offices in 12 cities across the country.
Marsh is the world's leading insurance broker and risk adviser, with over 30,000 employees. Marsh is a unit of Marsh & McLennan Companies (MMC), a global professional services firm with approximately 60,000 employees and annual revenues exceeding $10 billion. With more than 400 offices in about 130 countries, Marsh provides services to 85% of the Fortune Global 500 companies.
Marsh India Insurance Brokers Pvt. Ltd.
Corporate /Registered office
1201-02, Tower 2, One Indiabulls Centre Jupiter Mills Compound, Senapati Bapat Marg Elphinstone Road (W), Mumbai 400 013 Composite Broker IRDA license no.120 License validity :03/03/2015 to 02/03/2018
Tel: +91 22 6651 2900
Fax: +91 22 6651 2901