Academy Travel and Personal Injury Insurance
Trips and activities – from educational visits to winter sports trips – have long been important elements of the education experience, helping to bring topics to life or simply giving pupils the chance to sample new experiences.
However, no matter how thoroughly they are organised, trips and activities inevitably expose the school, teachers and pupils to a wide range of risks and potential liabilities. As a result, it is vital to take out affordable, yet comprehensive insurance that protects all involved should the worst happen – from cancelled flights and lost possessions to medical emergencies and personal liability.
Academy travel and personal injury insurance from Marsh offers peace of mind for everyone involved - providing essential insurance coverage to protect pupils and staff at school and whilst travelling.
The unique risks presented by schools and their activities have been carefully considered, to ensure everyone involved is properly protected and to extend the benefits where possible. For example,
- All pupils enrolled at the school, teachers and adult helpers are covered when undertaking any school activity, trip or school journey. Winter sports trips are automatically included within the annual premium.
- Personal accident insurance for pupils and staff provides personal accident protection not only on school trips but whilst at school, including the journey to and from school.
- Personal injury – up to £125,000 for pupils and up to five times annual salary for staff.
- Medical expenses – up to £5 million for medical expenses incurred outside the United Kingdom. Insurers will also cover supplementary travel and accommodation expenses up to £25,000 with unlimited repatriation expenses.
- Personal belongings and money – up to £2,500 for personal belongings and £1,500 in respect of money. Emergency replacement of lost or stolen passports is also covered.
- Disruption or cancellation of trip – up to £3,000 for cancellation, curtailment and alteration to itinerary including delay and missed departure.
- Personal liability – up to £2 million.
- Legal expenses – up to £25,000 for legal expenses incurred outside the United Kingdom.
- Emergency assistance – if advice or assistance before or during a school trip or medical assistance is required, a 24-hour emergency telephone service is available.
Marsh's Academy travel and personal injury insurance is a single, annual policy designed to cover all trips and activities. It ensures that schools can enjoy peace of mind knowing that should the worst happen, help is at hand – without the need to make separate insurance arrangements each time a trip is undertaken.
Most insured schools include an insurance charge to parents within the cost of the school trip, to ensure that the premium is gradually reimbursed to the school over the course of the school year.