Pupils’ Personal Accident Insurance
The need for personal accident insurance has been tragically illustrated by the number of accidents to pupils that have resulted in some form of serious injury or permanent disability.
Personal accident – that now includes dental accident cover as standard – offers peace of mind by ensuring that pupils are properly protected. It provides a flexible range of covers to help ensure that any child suffering a serious accident at school will receive vital financial support.
It is is flexible in terms of the level and type of cover available – giving parents two options ranging from £600,000 standalone personal accident cover to £1 million accident with both options incorporating dental cover.
Key features include:
- Payment for permanent disability, death, and facial scarring resulting from an accident.
- No restrictions regarding sporting or leisure activities.
- Benefit payable for broken bones and dislocation regardless of whether the injury results in permanent disability.
- Cover is provided 24 hours a day, 365 days of the year, on a worldwide basis.
- Treatment for dental injury up to £10,000.
- Trauma Counselling up to £2,000.
The personal accident scheme also provides direct protection to the school in a number of ways:
- Crisis management cover up to £75,000 for crisis consultant fees and costs, following a claim under the policy, which has potential to cause the school adverse publicity or financial loss.
- Staff can also be protected under the policy and includes provision for governors and voluntary helpers up to £100,000.
- An accidental death benefit for staff (if included), school governors, and voluntary helpers of up to £100,000.
- Chubb Assistance — the school or insured person can call Chubb for counselling (debt, addiction, and bereavement counselling).
- Chauffer or taxi benefit to assist in travel to the school following an accident.
To find out how the personal accident scheme can provide peace of mind to parents and add value to your school's proposition, contact Marsh today.