Marine Insurance Course 2017 Programme
During the past 8 years alone, more than 1000 delegates from nearly 50 countries have attended Marsh’s highly renowned marine insurance courses held in the UK, and bespoke marine courses hosted elsewhere around the world for Marsh.
Our own five-day intensive courses are held in the UK and have been awarded the Chartered Insurance Institute (CII) Accreditation. This means that participating delegates can claim 30 continuing professional development (CPD) hours upon completion of the course.
The courses are particularly suitable for those studying for exams or who wish to further develop their knowledge and understanding of the various aspects of marine insurance: marine hull, marine cargo, liability, and protection and indemnity (P&I), how they inter-relate, and how the shipping world operates. The courses are designed to be beneficial to those in the vessel operating, shipping, logistics, terminal operating, banking and legal industries, just as much as to those in the insurance industry.
The courses have gained a reputation for excellence by combining formal but highly interactive and thought-provoking lectures, videos, discussions, and case studies on all the major aspects of marine insurance, maritime operations, vessel types, and current marine industry issues.
Subjects include the following:
- The unique legal and practical aspects of marine insurance.
- Cargo types and insurance issues for each.
- Marine cargo insurance.
- Marine war and strikes insurance, along with piracy and related perils.
- Major cargo vessel types and the insurance issues for each.
- Marine hull and machinery insurance (ocean hull and port operating vessels).
- War and strikes risks, hull, cargo and protection and indemnity (P&I).
- Towage and heavy lift operations and contracts, including “knock-for-knock” type contracts.
- Marine liability including P&I for ship owners and charterers.
- Marine financier protections.
- Marine reinsurance.
- The marine insurance broker’s duties.
- General average and salvage.
- Marine claims handling and legal aspects of total loss claims.
These courses are extremely popular, so book early to secure your attendance; you may also be eligible for an early bird or group booking discount – please download the brochure or contact us to find out more.