Marine Insurance Course 2021 Programme
Within the past six years, we expanded our highly popular marine insurance courses to cater for the demand. Our courses have been attended by delegates from over 50 countries around the world and from many spheres of activity.
Our courses are particularly suitable for those who wish to deepen and develop their knowledge and understanding of the various aspects of marine insurance, including marine hull, marine cargo, liability, and protection and indemnity (P&I), how they inter-relate, and how the shipping world operates. These courses are particularly useful for those who are studying for exams. The courses are designed to be beneficial to those in the vessel operating, shipping, logistics, terminal operating, banking and legal industries, just as much as to those in the insurance industry.
The five-day intensive study courses are held in the UK and have been awarded the Chartered Insurance Institute (CII) Accreditation. This means that participating delegates can claim 30 continuing professional development (CPD) hours upon completion of the course.
The courses have gained a reputation for excellence by combining formal but highly interactive and thought-provoking lectures, videos, discussions, and case studies on all the major aspects of marine insurance, maritime operations, vessel and cargo types, plus exploring the many issues in the maritime industry today.
Subjects include the following:
- The unique legal and practical aspects of marine insurance.
- Cargo types and insurance issues for each.
- Marine cargo insurance.
- Marine war and strikes insurance, along with piracy and related perils.
- Major cargo and offshore support vessel types and the insurance issues for each.
- Marine hull and machinery insurance (ocean hull and port operating vessels).
- War and strikes risks, hull, cargo and protection and indemnity (P&I).
- Towage and heavy lift operations and contracts, including "knock-for-knock" type contracts.
- Marine liability including P&I for ship owners and charterers.
- Marine financier protections.
- Maritime cyber risk.
- Marine reinsurance.
- The marine insurance broker's duties.
- General average and salvage.
- Marine claims handling, recent law cases and legal aspects of total loss claims.
These courses are extremely popular, so book early to secure your attendance; you may also be eligible for an early bird or group booking discount — please download the brochure or contact us to find out more.