A Guide to School Insurance for Heads and Governors
The responsibilities of a modern independent school head or governor are very diverse and constantly evolving; these may include:
The safety and wellbeing of staff, pupils, and visitors to the school.
- Employment of the school’s staff.
- The performance management of the head teacher and senior management team.
- The maintenance and safety of the school buildings and its contents.
- The results and performance of the school’s pupils.
- The financial health of the school.
With such a diverse range of responsibilities comes an equally diverse range of risks. All of which can be mitigated against by the purchase of specialist education covers and a robust risk management programme.
If you are a head or governor at an independent school and involved in the insurance and risk decision making, you may at times feel somewhat daunted at the task ahead, and understandably so.
This adviser guide draws on the experience of Marsh’s Education Practice – which was formed in 1926. It will help you prepare in taking on the responsibility for protecting your school, its assets, and the people who work and learn within it by purchasing cost-effective insurance arranged by a trusted risk adviser.