Drones – A View into the Future for the Logistics Sector?
Recent media attention has put the non-military use of unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs), also known as “drones”, in the spotlight. Some organisations in the logistics sector are already testing the validity of UAV-based delivery, but what does the future really look like for the sector – will this emerging technology be seen as a game-changer in the future?
Drones – A View into the Future for the Logistics Sector? examines how the emergence of drones as a new technology could have an important application in the logistics industry.
This report covers:
- Economic and societal backdrop.
- UAV application in the logistics sector.
- The immediate future.
- Remote delivery and disaster response.
- Maintenance and surveillance of infrastructure.
- Security, safety, and regulatory concerns.
- Risk and insurance implications.