Product liability risks are increasing for many firms, given the tendency to source components or food ingredients from parts of the world lacking strong regulatory oversight. If something goes wrong, a product liability event can affect a company’s brand and reputation, stock price – even its bottom line if not handled well.
Globalisation and the consolidation of industries mean that claims in general are getting bigger, and often span multiple jurisdictions. In addition, the fusion of business and technology continues to increase exposures, making it ever more critical for manufacturers, distributors, and suppliers to ensure they have product liability insurance in place.
At Marsh, we provide a broad range of support to you and your defence counsel, including:
- Historical insurance policy organisation and analysis.
- Collection, organisation, and analysis of claim information.
- Identification and organisation of unallocated expenses.
- Loss allocation modelling to support insurance recoveries.
- Design of settlement schemes and negotiation with insurers.
- Creation or enhancement of insurance billing systems.
The dangers of an ill-managed product recall can be devastating to your reputation. At Marsh, we can provide solutions for you anywhere in the supply chain, for a vast range of products. Our aim is to help identify the most appropriate trigger for your product and then design a suitable product recall programme to satisfy your needs.
Key insurance policies available on a standalone basis include:
- Contaminated products insurance.
- Automotive recall insurance.
- Pharmaceutical recall insurance.
- Restaurant insurance.
- Consumer goods.
- Packaging companies.
- Product guarantee.
In addition to the standard cover, you may also benefit from a crisis response service at no extra cost. Specialist product recall consultants are available 24 hours a day to help you manage and mitigate the impact of an incident in the early stages of a crisis.