At Marsh, we believe that it is essential to embed diversity and inclusion in our day-to-day business operations, creating one mission, vision, and purpose across the organization. Deeply rooted in our values and principles is the need to respect each colleague as an individual at Marsh. Colleagues are our most valued asset.
Diversity of thought, opinions, and skills set Marsh apart and help enable us to improve the services we provide to our clients.
We deliberately chose “inclusive” as one of our operating principles because we believe that being open to diverse ideas, experiences, and backgrounds is good for our colleagues, clients, and, ultimately, our business.
"We are committed to fostering an inclusive culture that supports world class talent, and a work environment of mutual respect: one where all colleagues know they have an opportunity to contribute, grow and succeed." Peter Zaffino, President and Chief Executive Officer
Marsh’s colleague resource groups (CRGs) support colleagues by offering networking and career development opportunities and providing a forum to promote cultural and civic awareness both within the organization and in the communities surrounding Marsh’s offices. Learn more
To implement our commitment to diversity and inclusion in the communities in which we operate Marsh has forged substantive alliances with diversity organizations. Learn more
Global D&I Council
Led by Marsh’s President and Chief Executive Officer Peter Zaffino, the Global Diversity and Inclusion Council helps ensure an increased and ongoing focus on diversity across Marsh's businesses, functions, and regions. The council sets global standards and works with regions and businesses to help them develop region- and business-specific initiatives, report outcomes, and, ultimately, meet goals.
Partnering with leaders across Marsh, the council aligns diversity and inclusion goals with the business by:
- Furthering the objectives and work of diversity and inclusion within the organization.
- Serving as executive sponsors and steering committee members for Marsh’s colleague resource groups.
- Acting as a sounding board and champion for new diversity and inclusion initiatives on a global level.
- Endorsing budget recommendations for diversity and inclusion initiatives.
- Serving as spokesmen for diversity and inclusion efforts both internally and externally at conferences and events.
- Ensuring ongoing, open communication about diversity at Marsh.
- Supporting colleague resource groups by attending and/or promoting their activities.
Worldwide, the council's areas of focus include:
- Leadership and accountability.
- Talent acquisition, development, and retention.