Property Manuscript Policy Form for Rail Operators
Marsh’s Global Rail’s broad manuscript policy form was designed for organizations operating railroads and with their unique exposures in mind.
The Marsh Global Rail Form, when compared directly with other policy forms available in the market today, demonstrates how Marsh’s thought leadership can help companies to achieve more comprehensive loss recoveries, potentially enabling less complex and faster settlements.
The property manuscript policy form is an excellent option for short- or long-haul freight railroad operators, transit agencies, and metro and light rail operators. The policy can be easily adapted for international or global placements with limited modification.
Marsh’s manuscript form includes several coverage features typically not included in other policy forms.
Significant policy improvements in:
- Workforce attrition.
- Detour and rerouting expenses coverage.
- Named windstorm definition and coverage.
Expanded coverage for:
- Track and roadbed.
- Extra expense.
- Expense to reduce loss.
Improved valuation for:
- Rolling stock, including pair and set options.
Benefits of purchasing insurance coverage with a manuscript form:
- “One-stop shopping”: Marsh’s expert rail insurance brokers can negotiate on your behalf with insurers based on pre-agreed upon policy wording.
- Ease of doing business: Analyzing carriers’ quotes is easier with consistent policy wording with which to compare proposals.
- Access to Marsh’s network of producers and placement specialists: Marsh has an extensive global network of rail industry and risk experts, dedicated to providing unparalleled knowledge and service to their clients.
- Breadth of coverage: Policy enhancements benefit rail operators through improved coverage terms and conditions.
- Direct access to insurers: Marsh will put your organization in front of carriers committed to and experienced in writing rail risks like yours at competitive prices.