Employment Practices Liability
Employment-related risks are among a business’s most potentially damaging exposures, often centering around sexual harassment, wrongful termination, or discrimination. Employers of all sizes face potential damage from employment practices liability (EPL) lawsuits, with potential consequences that include financial disaster and/or irreparable damage to an organization’s reputation.
Globally, companies of all sizes and in every industry have been affected by a surge in employment-related litigation. Today's companies are open to ever-higher legal damage awards arising from employment practices violations, which may include allegations of:
- Harassment (sexual or otherwise).
- Failure to provide equal opportunity of employment.
- Wrongful termination.
- Failure to employ or promote.
- Negligent evaluation.
- Libel, slander, or humiliation.
- Infliction of emotional distress.
- Wrongful failure to provide or enforce corporate policies.
- Violation of an employee’s civil rights.
The question for any firm is no longer whether it will face an employment practice liability (EPL) claim, but rather, when it will, how much it will cost, and what damage it might cause to reputation and brand image. Standard policies, procedures, and supervisory training are no longer enough to protect companies from the high costs of employment litigation.
What we offer
Marsh is dedicated to providing the most comprehensive employment practices liability insurance (EPLI) coverage available, along with state-of-the art guidance tools for the prevention of employment-related risks.
We help you protect your company from the lasting effects of negative publicity and jury awards that could damage your bottom line. Our special EPLI initiatives are designed to help:
- Reduce the cost of transferring employment practices risk.
- Protect your company, its directors, officers, and employees from claims brought by past, present, or prospective employees (and third parties).
- Reduce the risk of costly litigation.
Marsh's EPL services include:
- Global Leaders Endorsement: Specially negotiated and created for large and multinational companies with more than 4,000 employees.
- Leaders Preferred Endorsement: Specially designed for midsize companies with 250 to 4,000 employees.