We will disclose to you:
- the role or roles we perform in an insurance transaction,
- a list of the insurers we propose to approach on your behalf and,
- any equity interests we may have in those insurers.
In common with many financial organisations, we provide a range of services to a large number of clients. We also provide certain services to insurers. Situations may arise in which the interest of a client may conflict with those of another client or with our own interest. Accordingly, we have policies and procedures in place to ensure that should such circumstances arise, they are managed appropriately.
In addition, we aim to be clear with you as to how we are paid. We receive income in the following ways:
- From you - for our services in placing your insurance policies. This may be by way of a fee, or by us retaining commissions/brokerage on your premiums.
- From insurers – our consultancy entities may receive fees for consulting services provided to insurers which are aimed at improving their offering to our clients and for the administration of certain facilities. Insurers may also pay us for tasks we undertake on their behalf, such as the binding of cover and the issue of documentation. For certain types of business, we may earn an additional commission based on the profitability of a book of business to insurers. For more information on Marsh’s compensation or Marsh’s contractual arrangements with insurers, please contact email@example.com. From other sources – from investment, interest and currency fluctuations related to the handling of client money where allowed by applicable laws and regulations. We may also receive payments from the providers of premium finance facilities to our clients where we are allowed to do so by applicable law.
Marsh is part of the Marsh & McLennan group of companies, which includes Mercer and Oliver Wyman. It also includes Guy Carpenter, a specialist reinsurance broker, which may place reinsurance for one or more of your insurers.
For further information on this subject, you can read our Guide to How We Are Paid.
Standard Terms & Conditions
The services provided by Marsh in the United Arab Emirates are subject to the Standard Terms and Conditions (“STACs”) which may be viewed below:
Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA)
The Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA) is a US regulation with global implications for Marsh and Marsh’s clients.
To support our clients and other parties that make in-scope premium payments to Marsh, we are making the W-8IMY and W-9 forms of many of our companies available to download at this link.
If we revise any form due to a change in circumstances, the revised form will be uploaded within 30 days of the change. You are encouraged to check this site prior to remitting in-scope FATCA payments to us to ensure you have the most current form available.
Please direct questions and requests for forms not included in this site to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Use of Client Information
Data Analytics: Marsh may include, on an anonymous basis, information relating to its clients’ insurance programmes in benchmarking, modelling and other analytics. Marsh offers an array of analytics capabilities to clients, insurers and others. For clients, these offerings include benchmarking databases, analytics and modelling tools, surveys and other compilations of information, which are designed to help clients more effectively assess their risks, make more informed decisions and construct insurance programmes and other risk mitigation strategies. Marsh or its affiliates may in some instances receive compensation for its analytics offerings from clients, insurers and others. For more information about Marsh’s analytics capabilities and services, please visit the Analytics Page.
MarketConnect: MarketConnect is Marsh’s industry leading proprietary technology suite that allows Marsh to assist insurers in their efforts to improve their performance and create superior solutions for our clients. Within MarketConnect, Market Match is a proactive tool that allows insurers to identify business opportunities in advance of renewals, enabling them to be considered for risks for which they historically had not been considered. In MarketMatch, client names and certain other information are provided to insurers when viewing upcoming renewals that meet their stated risk appetite. MarketConnect is part of Marsh’s insurer consulting offering for which Marsh receives compensation from insurers.