Our marine cargo brokers are leaders in the design, placement and servicing of global transit programs, and MarshCargo is one of the tools that allows us to effectively administer those programs, no matter how complex the requirements. MarshCargo uses leading edge technology to bring together the services of your Marsh broker, claims specialists, and underwriters to give you instant access to validated certificates of insurance, as well as on-line claims reporting and real time risk management analytics for your global cargo program.
Our marine cargo brokers are leaders in the design, placement, and service of global transit programs. By understanding your exposure and risk management philosophy, we can offer innovative risk solutions—selecting the best of our brokerage, administrative, recovery, and claims expertise to meet your insurance requirements.
The inclusion of MarshCargo.com’s leading edge technology in our service offering to you can enhance your risk management practices.
- Online access to policy terms and conditions allows you to share information in real-time and efficiently manage your cargo risks.
- Shipment information is validated, upon entry, for compliance with policy parameters, including vessel validation through Informa Vessel Database, allowing you to control your exposures and proactively adjust your insurance program to meet changing requirements.
- Coverage can be customized to include special rates and/or conditions to accommodate specific commodities, customers or shipping routes.
- Access is granted in conjunction with a security hierarchy that allows you to track results by division, department or individual.
- Shipment and claims data is available online or as a download, allowing you to review and manage cargo volume, exposure and insurance cost.
- Claims can be submitted on-line and tied to a specific shipment declaration, getting the process started quickly and ensuring that the right parties are put on notice.
- Key documents, such as bills of lading, invoices and photos, are easily uploaded, reducing the claims administration process, and resulting in faster settlements.
- Global settling agents can be put on notice in real time, getting quicker results for your over-seas operations.
- Issuing certificates and filing them electronically in the MarshCargo database increases the efficiency of the certificate process, and allows users to securely update, change or even cancel certificates easily.
- MarshCargo accurately reflects coverage at the indicated date of shipment, responding to changes in program terms or underwriters seamlessly, without the need for any retraining, or any loss of data consistency.
- Templates can be created for frequently issued certificates based on commodity, destination or customer.
- Clients using the Marsh portal are allowed direct access to MarshCargo without having to log in separately.
- For maximum efficiency, system integrations can be quickly and cost effectively created, allowing rates and certificates to be issued in real time from data drawn and validated from a variety of platforms.
- Industry standard Secure Sockets Layer Protocol (SSL) encryption technology (128 bit).
- Unique User ID and passwords for all users – managed directly with the user.
- Certificates generated in pdf format with unique encrypted security code, which makes files more difficult to alter or forge.
- Certificate holders (banks, customers, surveyors, etc.) have the ability to verify the certificate’s authenticity online.
- Letter of Credit (LC) shipments can be entered with the exact LC wording.