Building Material Dealers
Home improvement stores and contractor building material suppliers are exposed to many of the same property and casualty risks as other Canadian businesses. Unlike other industries, however, you may face increased exposure of fire damage to flammable inventory and be at greater risk of products liability due to your supplied materials being used in construction. This has historically made insurance placement for your industry difficult and comparatively more expensive. It has also necessitated, in some cases, enhanced insurance policy wordings with higher limits available for these specific risks.
In response to this need, Marsh Canada administers an insurance program that offers home improvement stores and contractor building material suppliers with industry-tailored coverage at competitive group rates — underwritten by Arch Insurance Canada.
Many home improvement stores and building material suppliers across Ontario have participated in this insurance program for many years. Marsh Canada is now pleased to expand this offering to eligible businesses across Canada for:
- Retail Home Building Supply Stores Insurance
- Distributors of Building Supplies Insurance
- Paint Stores Insurance
- Carpet/Flooring Stores Insurance
- Plumbing Stores Insurance
- Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) Stores Insurance
Clients of this program may benefit from:
- Group rates for your business coverages.
- Enhanced coverage and policy wordings that are exclusive to members of this insurance program.
- Customizable coverage built to serve the needs of your particular business.
- Service excellence from a dedicated Marsh insurance brokerage service team well-versed in your industry.
- Underwritten by Arch Insurance Company — a financially stable insurer with years of experience in covering building material supplier risks.
- Expert claims service should the need ever arise.
- Equipment Breakdown
- General Liability
- Miscellaneous Professional
- Liability (including Bill 124 coverage in Ontario for persons who provide advice and/or design work for projects requiring a building permit)
About the Insurer
Arch commenced operations in Canada in 2005 as a commercial and property casualty insurer based in Toronto. Arch Insurance Canada Ltd. is licensed to transact all commercial lines of insurance in every Province and Territory in Canada. They have a branch office in Vancouver.
Arch Insurance Canada serves global clients headquartered in Canada, and they also have the ability to offer options of writing US risks (licensed or admitted covers) and international risks.
Arch’s local underwriting expertise is a core strength, and they offer creative “out of the box” solutions not readily found elsewhere. Arch is disciplined and selective in their underwriting approach, and they deliver fast quote turnaround. Arch continuously feels the pulse of the market, which enables them to react and offer new products and lines of business in response to changes.