Why do you need event insurance?
Anytime you get people together for an event, you are exposed to risk. Whether it is someone falling and becoming injured, a guest developing food poisoning from your catered offerings, or property damage to a hosting venue, the risks are real. Successful event organizers recognize that event insurance is a necessary part of the planning process and don't take risks when it comes to the possibility of large payouts commonly associated with liability lawsuits. Specific event insurance coverage and risk management can help avoid the negative outcomes that result from some events.
Uneventful events should be goal of every organizer when it comes to claims incidents, but always ensure you're protected if one does happen.
Is event liability insurance available for my event type?
Most likely yes. Marsh Canada Limited (Marsh Canada) can broker event liability insurance for a wide variety of types including most that fall into the following coverage categories:
- Charity, Non-Profit Fundraiser, or Youth-Friendly Event Insurance
- Meeting, Lecture, Convention, Market, or Workshop Insurance
- Motorized Vehicle Event Insurance
- Party, Reception, or Dinner Insurance
- Show, Festival, Recital, Parade, Carnival, Concert, or Fair Insurance
- Sporting Event, Tournament, Competition, Games, or Instructor Insurance
- Wedding Insurance
An extensive list of specific event insurance types is available to choose from when you apply.