Shipyards face complex and rapidly evolving challenges, from maintaining an experienced workforce, digital transformation, and environmental regulations, to name just a few.
Our specialist team works with shipyards of all sizes — from small bespoke to ultra-large individual or groups of shipyards, including offsite assembly.
We provide you with builder’s risk insurance and a range of additional insurance-based solutions for marine construction, conversion, and repairs.
Our experience includes:
- Sectors — all classes of state-owned or public, private, or commercial sector projects.
- Design — proven or prototypical.
- Projects — single vessel/project or open coverage for all contracts of construction, conversion, refit, or repair.
- Periods — single vessel/project, annual, or multi-year.
- Work — construction, conversion, refit, or repair.
- Physical damage and ancillary risks.
- Third-party liabilities, directors’ and officers’ liability, and employee liability.
- Professional indemnity insurance for shipbuilders and repairers, together with naval architects.
In addition to our placement expertise, our marine claims advocacy team offers a range of services beyond traditional claims handling. We help you reduce costs and maximize efficiencies in casualty and property claims, before, during, and after a loss. Through our range of claims services, we have the skills and resources you need to meet your claims scenario, however large or complex.