As our client, we will always look to treat you fairly and put your interests ahead of our own. We will disclose to you:
- the role or roles we perform in an insurance transaction;
- our interests in, and payment arrangements with, insurers; and
- the insurers we intend to or have approached prior to placing any insurance.
In common with many financial organisations, we provide a range of services to a large number of clients. Situations may arise in which the interest of a client may conflict with those of another client or with our own interest. Accordingly, we have policies and procedures in place to ensure that should such circumstances arise, they are managed appropriately.
You can read further details about how we manage conflicts of interests in the Marsh and McLennan Companies Code of Conduct – The Greater Good.
In addition, we aim to be clear with you as to how we are paid. We receive income in the following ways:
- From You - for our services in placing your insurance policies. This is by way of us retaining commissions/brokerage on your premiums.
- From Other Sources – We may earn interest on, or benefit from, investment income or exchange rates.
Marsh is part of the Marsh & McLennan group of companies, which includes Mercer, Oliver Wyman and Guy Carpenter. Guy Carpenter is a specialist reinsurance broker, which may place reinsurance for one or more of your insurers.
For further information on this subject you can read our Guide to How We Are Paid.
Institutions are required to ensure immediate compliance with the Circular on Insurance Institutions on Fair Trade Practice and Fair Treatment of Customers. Download our Circular on Fair Trade Practice and Fair Treatment of Customers (PDF)