As businesses look for opportunities to deploy their capital, mergers and acquisitions (M&A) are a key strategy for many. Understanding and managing the risks involved, especially when investing in unfamiliar markets or industries, can be challenging.
Marsh’s Private Equity and Mergers and Acquisitions Services Practice develops solutions that help corporations, private equity firms, alternative asset managers, lenders, and infrastructure investors manage M&A risks. Our dedicated team of advisors and attorneys worldwide works across Marsh and other Marsh & McLennan Companies businesses to help provide specialized, industry-specific depth.
With more than two decades of M&A experience, we provide the insights to evaluate, facilitate, and close your transaction while managing buy- and sell-side risks. And after the deal closes, our group purchasing programs use economies of scale to maximize buying power and lower insurance costs over the life of the investment and beyond.
By identifying and evaluating the potential risk challenges in your M&A transaction, Marsh helps ensure speed of execution and accuracy in price — so you can submit bids with confidence.
Marsh’s Private Equity and M&A Services (PEMA) Practice solutions include:
- Mergers and acquisitions risk and insurance due diligence.
- Lender due diligence and advisory.
- Infrastructure project risk management and due diligence.
- Transactional risk solutions tailored to address issues such as warranties and indemnities, tax opinions, existing litigation, and environmental issues.
- Fund-level risk solutions such as management and professional liability.
- Portfolio strategies for purchasing and cost savings.
Our global team of more than 160 dedicated professionals can rapidly respond to your needs. We’ve provided advice to a wide spectrum of institutions, including strategic investors, private equity firms, alternative asset managers, lenders, and infrastructure investors, among others. The Marsh team has been recognized as "Risk Adviser of The Year" by Financial News and "Due Diligence Adviser of The Year" by Unquote.