The Insurance Act 2015: A Comprehensive Guide
The Insurance Act 2015 came into force on 12 August 2016, with the changes applying to all insurance and reinsurance contracts that incept or are renewed, and to variations of existing policies, on or after this date. It affects contracts subject to the laws of England and Wales, Scotland, or Northern Ireland, regardless of where the policy is placed or where the policyholder is situated.
Our comprehensive Insurance Act 2015 guide compiles all of our advisers, guides, and webcasts into one easy-to-access document, giving you information you need to know about the Act.
The guide gives you access to:
1. Adviser 1: A short summary of the changes under the Insurance Act.
2. Adviser 2: How to prepare for the new disclosure obligations.
3. Adviser 3: The new duty of fair presentation with tips on how to prepare.
4. Adviser 4: The new regime of proportionate remedies.
5. Guidance Note: The Duty of Disclosure and Fair Presentation.
6. Adviser 5: The Enterprise Act 2016 — New right for policyholders to claim damages for late payment of insurance claims.
7. Adviser 6: Warranties and other terms.
- The duty of fair presentation.
- Proportionate remedies.
- Warranties and other terms.
We hope this Insurance Act guide is useful to you.