Enhanced Coverage Through Marsh's Prime Casualty Hospitality Insurance Program
Liability exposures for hospitality companies can be significant, with losses often reaching into the millions of dollars. Standard casualty policies can vary a great deal from one insurer to another, offering advantageous wording in some areas and important drawbacks in others. This makes it difficult for insurance buyers to secure all the favorable terms and conditions they’d like in a single policy.
Marsh’s PRIME Casualty Hospitality Insurance Program combines the beneficial elements of many existing casualty offerings in a single enhanced policy form designed to respond to the unique exposures of hospitality companies. Developed by Marsh’s Hospitality practice, this innovative policy offers broad and favorable casualty insurance coverage backed by exclusive capacity from Sompo Global Risk Solutions, a business unit within Sompo International.
Superior Insurance Terms
Marsh’s PRIME Casualty Hospitality Insurance Program offers customized, competitive insurance terms and pricing across all three primary lines of casualty — general liability, workers’ compensation, and auto liability. In addition to standard general liability and employee benefits liability insurance, Marsh’s PRIME Casualty Hospitality Insurance Program also offers:
- Legal liability coverage for damage to customers' automobiles.
- Innkeepers' legal liability coverage.
- Hospitality professional liability coverage.
- Pesticide and herbicide coverage.
Coverage features include:
- Broad form named insured wording, which extends coverage to entities under common management or financial control or where the insured is contractually obligated to provide insurance pursuant to a written contract.
- An uncapped per location aggregate limit for the entire asset schedule.
- A real estate development exclusion with carve-back provisions for renovation and maintenance, as well as for projects under $10 million in total construction cost, subject to acceptable underwriting information.
- An affirmative grant of up to $1 million in claims-made coverage for mold and legionella for bodily injury that falls outside the per location aggregate. This coverage includes deductibles of $250,000 for any legionella claims, $25,000 for non-legionella claims, and $25,000 for all other non-legionella or biological agents claims.
- A per location aggregate for liquor liability subject to a $5 million cap.
Customized Casualty Insurance
Marsh’s PRIME Casualty Hospitality Insurance Program delivers industry-specific underwriting, claims, and loss control expertise, backed by the financial strength of Sompo International, which carries an S&P rating of A+ and an A.M. Best rating of A+ (as of May 2018).
Program highlights include:
- Admitted A+ rated paper.
- Complimentary initial review of contracts, key documents, and leases with a particular focus on risk transfer/indemnity provisions to favor insureds.
- Minimum account premium is $250,000.
- Rating matrix, with rate provided per room (rates may vary by geography).
Powerful Risk Management Services and Solutions
Beyond the specific terms and conditions included in the PRIME program, hospitality organizations can benefit from Marsh’s industry knowledge and casualty insurance market expertise. Marsh can deliver data and analytics to help businesses make smarter decisions about insurance program structure, including choosing appropriate limits and retentions. Further, in the event of a loss, our team of claims advocates focused on the hospitality industry can help you quickly resolve even the most complex and potentially contentious claims.
A Leader in Hospitality and Gaming
The targeted approach of Marsh’s Real Estate & Hospitality Practice relies on our worldwide network of more than 800 risk specialists, whose sole focus is delivering solutions designed to preserve and grow capital. Our professionals have earned a reputation as leaders in providing risk and insurance services to hospitality and gaming industry clients. Through forward-looking solutions and innovative products, we work with our clients to help them thrive by successfully managing their most critical risks.