Clients rely on Marsh Advisory’s pre- and post-event claim management services to help resume their operations as quickly as possible, minimize the frequency and severity of their claims, and reduce their total cost of risk.
Marsh’s claim advocacy and claim consulting solutions can help you to ensure timely recovery from a loss and effectively manage daily claim issues.
Marsh integrates claim advisors as part of a client’s core services team. We offer claim advocacy services for:
- Workers’ compensation.
- General liability.
- Auto and auto liability.
- Specialty risks, including aviation, energy, financial and professional (FINPRO), marine, personal insurance, and trade credit.
Our state-of-the-art claims reporting system enables immediate electronic notification to markets, with return acknowledgments.
Marsh Advisory’s claim project managers travel to a loss site and assist in managing claim processes on your behalf, enabling you to concentrate on day-to-day business matters, while helping to maximize a fair recovery.
We provide progress reports and identify critical claims issues before they develop into challenges that could delay recovery.
To help you minimize your overall program costs, we work with you to develop a claim service plan that is consistent with industry best practices, which includes customized special claim handling instructions per market. We schedule formal claim reviews with knowledge of the timing of experience modification calculations, program adjustments, collateral reviews, and program renewals.
Innovative Claim Consulting Solutions
Marsh Advisory's Claim Consulting Solutions specialists provide organizations with global expertise in forensic accounting, casualty and liability claim consulting and management, claim accounting preparation, complex claim consulting, mass tort consulting, valuation, investigative services, and construction delay and dispute consulting. Our risk consultants work with our claim advisors to provide specialized, project-specific resources when necessary.
Our proprietary claim consulting tools and services include:
- Legacy Claim Closure—provides aggressive claim closure strategies designed to help your business reduce the backlog of open cases and in most cases reduce accrued liabilities. On average, we are able to reduce open claim inventories by 30%-50%, improving our clients’ balance sheets and potentially freeing up capital for growth-oriented investments.
- Forensic Accounting and Claims Services—provides expert assistance in the quantification and measurement of damages, economic claims, and losses from catastrophic events, litigation, or disputes, delivering world-class forensic accounting anywhere, anytime around the globe.
- Complex Liability Solutions—offers a depth of expertise and services across a full range of mass tort and complex liability issues, including insurance archeology, policy analysis and mapping, electronic database solutions, allocation modeling, negotiations with insurers, and claims and payment tracking.
- Claim Outcome Evaluation—can assist you in identifying and quantifying lost economic opportunities within claim programs, whether with the initial investigation, medical or claim management, or settlement negotiations.
- Managed Care Program Evaluation—our proprietary methodology to evaluate the quantity and quality of case management referrals. We combine data analytics and auditing processes to quantify the value and impact of nurse case management services and to identify any medical leakage. You can also use our evaluation to improve workers’ compensation program outcomes and return on investment.
- Return to Work Solutions—programs for organizations’ injured employees who are recovering to return to work in a modified capacity before they are fully recovered and can return full time. Our consultants specialize in disability management and return to work programs and have vast experience in several industries, including transportation, retail, warehouse, and hospitality.
- Custom Solutions—we areone of the preeminent consulting organizations for casualty-related, innovative claim solutions. We assist risk managers in identifying, analyzing, and reducing their companies’ exposure, thereby minimizing their total cost of risk.