Enterprise Risk Management Current State Assessment
In today’s business environment, managing risk across the enterprise is vital to your organization’s long term viability. Regulatory bodies and credit rating agencies have increasingly focused on and elevated the importance of good risk management practices, including enterprise risk management. This is a structured, consistent, and continuous risk management process that is applied across an entire organization, allowing you to better understand and address your material risks. Emerging risk management is an essential part of creating and maintaining operational efficiency, developing organizational resilience, and adding economic value. It is an integral part of the strategic planning and corporate finance activities that may result in less volatility in earnings and cash flow and therefore potentially better credit. Emerging risk managment is also an important component of a robust corporate governance structure. Marsh Advisory's emerging risk management current state assessment is designed to help you better understand and more effectively manage emerging risk management processes to help protect or potentially improve your organizational resiliency.
We offer a flexible, scalable approach to helping management benchmark against specific credit rating agencies’ emerging risk managemtn guidance and industry-wide best practices. The current state assessment is designed to assist you with identifying gaps that may exist in your current program in an effort to increase your likelihood for receiving a satisfactory credit rating or to enhance your current program.
Who It's For
Any size organization in any industry that:
- Issues debt or equity rated by credit rating agencies and is seeking to protect or improve its credit rating.
- Wants to benchmark and potentially improve existing risk management processes relative to relevant guidelines and standards.
- Wants an independent assessment of its emerging risk management program.
- Is looking to establish a baseline to coordinate, embed, and formalize risk management efforts across the enterprise.
What You Get
- A gap analysis of your current emerging risk management program.
- A report card of where to focus your future improvement efforts.
- Marsh Advisory’s expertise in emerging risk management implementation, risk analysis, organizational change, and risk technology.
Assessment of Current Emerging Risk Management Initiatives
Marsh Advisory will review your current emerging risk management infrastructure against best practices and industry standards. A review typically examines:
- Risk management frameworks or structures currently in place.
- Roles and responsibilities for risk management.
- Timing and lines of emerging risk management reporting and communications.
- Thoroughness of your emerging risk management policies.
- Utilization of tools, models, and quantification techniques.
- Senior management’s view of risk, risk tolerance, and its impact on your company.
- The frequency and nature of your risk identification and monitoring process.
- Risk management training and risk escalation processes.
- The role of risk management in strategic decision making, budgeting, and other business processes.
Emerging Risk Management Program Design and Implementation
The current state assessment process can be expanded to include implementation of recommended strategies designed to improve your organization’s emerging risk management infrastructure. Expansion work may include assisting in the design of an emerging risk management program, creating an appropriate governance model, developing risk assessment policies and procedures, and/or implementing any necessary risk controls.
Benefits can include:
- Creation of an effective governance model that includes best practices for reporting and communication.
- Enhancement of the implementation of risk assessment protocols.
- Integration of risk management activity into control and compliance frameworks.
- Alignment of risk management and strategic agendas.