Corporate Mergers and Acquisitions Services
Mergers and acquisitions (M&A) are complex and require a significant amount of a company’s time and resources to execute successfully. The corporate teams charged with strategic M&A are often managing multiple work streams in the execution stage and, in some cases, investigating several potential deals at any given time. The professionals in Marsh’s Private Equity and M&A Practice bolster your team, helping to identify, address, and provide options relating to risk and insurance issues that can affect negotiations and the success of the transaction.
Marsh’s Private Equity and M&A Practice has extensive experience assisting enterprises on M&A related engagements. Our team has worked on thousands of M&A projects over the years in most major industries and regions of the world. This experience, coupled with our extensive network of global offices, enables Marsh to provide substantive advice to organizations involved in a merger or acquisition, divestiture, distressed situation, or other corporate restructuring.
Who it’s for
- Risk managers.
- General counsels.
- Other professionals responsible for due diligence during a merger, acquisition, or divestiture.
What you get
The core of Marsh’s corporate M&A advisory service focuses on:
- Pre-acquisition due diligence.
- Transaction risk products and solutions.
- Post-acquisition optimization and solutions.
- Extensive M&A Experience: Marsh’s Private Equity and M&A Practice has the experience to help buyers quickly identify risk and insurance issues related to target businesses. Our experts worked on more than 500 M&A engagements in 2012, across a broad spectrum of industries and in most regions of the world.
- Synergies: Our professionals understand the value in identifying potential issues and areas of synergy early in the discovery process. We work hard to find areas of potential cost savings between the newly merged organizations.
- Focused Analysis: We deliver to you a report containing key issue summaries supported by detailed analyses that can be shared with key stakeholders, including the C-suite, the board, financing sources, and rating agencies.
Risk and insurance due diligence lowers the level of uncertainty and reduces the risk of surprises. We help buyers obtain a clearer picture of the value of the liabilities and assets being acquired, which can result in:
- A more precise valuation of the target.
- An improved sale/purchase agreement.
- Smoother, faster post-closing integration.
- Operational cost synergies.
- Improved corporate governance.
The scope of our engagements can be broad or specific depending on the company’s need. We help buyers in such areas as:
- Identifying the potential cost savings or increases in the pro forma insurance expense.
- Reviewing policies to identify any gaps in coverage and the extent to which the policy deductibles or retentions will affect the quality of earnings.
- Assessing the adequacy of the provisions for self-funded losses on the balance sheet.
- Investigating the liabilities being assumed, including uninsured or underinsured liabilities assumed in prior acquisitions.
- Working on cross-border transactions, where local knowledge, language skills, and on-the-ground resources increase the accuracy and speed of the process.
Transactional Risk Solutions
Marsh’s Transactional Risk Insurance Group is a global leader in developing risk-transfer insurance solutions that help enterprises manage contingencies uncovered during due diligence. Transactional risk solutions include insurance for representations and warranties, contingent liabilities, contingent tax liabilities, and environmental issues.